Luton Town 1-0 Newcastle United (23/12/23)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, BShearer said:

if we cant go into away games vs promoted side and win then wtf we are about to do in next 4 away games after this?

Pool, Villa, Forest, Arsenal in next 4 away games in PL current top3 and Forest with a new manager bounce.

we are doing everything to let a horrible Man Utd and Chelsea side front of us.

Howe needs to react tactically in the break, and get a win here by all means.

Getting very concerned about Sunderland away tbh.

4 minutes ago, Decky said:

Yeah no chance. Its insane, we have players running on empty and options on the bench for them but we keep persisting. Almiron is completely gassed, we could easily have started Tino there. 

One of Howe’s weaker attributes, gotta think he’s trying to protect some players like Hall and Miley from any dip in confidence or positivity? I dunno, it’s insane though, I agree.

Just now, Holmesy said:

There is no excuse for that. People can continue to pedal the tiredness thing, but it does wash now. They’ve had almost a full week off and half of them look like they’re hungover. It’s fucking tragic to watch. One shot in 45 minutes against a championship side ffs! 

Its the problem that has always been there. No plan B.

This just isn't acceptable, potentially 5 points out of 27 away. Yes injuries are a factor, but how can a team look like two different levels is a definite concern. I've yet to see the team press in a game (Sheff Utd were/are abysmal) and start on the front foot, when we're playing away

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

There is no excuse for that. People can continue to pedal the tiredness thing, but it does wash now. They’ve had almost a full week off and half of them look like they’re hungover. It’s fucking tragic to watch. One shot in 45 minutes against a championship side ffs! 

Almost a week off? They played on Tuesday and Saturday ffs. :lol:

Edited by Pata

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

It seems like he was hauled off because he let his man go on the set piece. Not sure I agree with it because he looked like one of the few players who wasn't getting rushed out of his stride. Longstaff looked far less confident, I would have took him off.

I’d very much doubt he was taken off for that alone 

2 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Playing Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday is now "almost a full week off" :lol:

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Pata said:

He literally changed his formation today after half an hour.

[emoji38] it mustn’t be classed as a different plan to some hey.

We are basically playing a weaker version of last season's team. None of the 5 summer signings have started today. Some of that is due to back luck in Barnes and Tonali but we are suffering from a poor transfer window. 

1 minute ago, WideopenMag said:

Harvey Barnes and Murphy injuries have fucked us more than anything this season. Just need the wide men to be at it for our whole system to work

Didn't think much of it at the time, but Barnes injury has been real brutal for us.. So unlucky.