Luton Town 1-0 Newcastle United (23/12/23)

Yorkie

Just now, The Bonk said:

Culpability for their goal, that type of thing, but he was always going off as our shape and play needed adjustments.

I can’t lie…wish it was Longstaff. Miley looked good apart from that one moment defending a corner. Totally expected from a 17 year old 

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Almost a week off? They played on Tuesday and Saturday ffs. :lol:

So, pretty much 4 days off. A slight exaggeration on my part, but still enough time to recover and put in a performance better than that. Some people are giving these players and the manager a very easy ride. 

Just now, alexf said:

I think he made the tactical when he did because of that whole only allowed so many sub windows etc. He's mentioned it before. 

Exactly my thinking, he would have changed at half time if not for Lascelles having to come off 

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

So, pretty much 4 days off. A slight exaggeration on my part, but still enough time to recover and put in a performance better than that. Some people are giving these players and the manager a very easy ride. 

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday is 3 days pal. That's less than half a week. 

When was the fatigue excuse allowable? Is it somehow less valid now we've played even more games? 

Put Murphy and Willock back in the squad and have the others playing at more than 60% and everything's a different story.

Think someone said "you don't get tired when you are winning games" or else I've just made that up.

It's true though, we need a win to give everyone a lift and that bit of extra energy. Preferably with Isak scoring the winner.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

When was the fatigue excuse allowable? Is it somehow less valid now we've played even more games? 

Put Murphy and Willock back in the squad and have the others playing at more than 60% and everything's a different story.

Because its not only fatigue?

4 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Third game in eight days is fucking miles away from resting almost a week. :lol: