Newcastle United 1-3 Notts Forest (26/12/23)

Disco

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

I mean, you're not guaranteed a win every game.

Hell, not even a performance of recent [emoji38]

Feel like injuries and rotten luck has derailed us, and now we are in a good ol' slump and struggling to pull ourselves out. You'd hope January could deliver something like a Bruno to reinvigorate our season but I think it's just free hit time at the season now.

Difference between losing with pride and losing doing children’s football mistakes, not being able to do basic passing correctly. Not bother marking at all and just not giving a fuck

Somehow we need an injection of passion and pace. We were ripped apart here and looked so flat. I think it's passed the time of blaming exhaustion and too many games. I fear for Eddie if things don't improve real soon and that would be a crying shame 

Just now, ikri said:

Horrific performance, just abysmal stuff.

It's not just the result, it's the manner of the results.  We've not just been beaten but completely outplayed by Forest today but also Luton and Everton.  Something is going very very wrong with the team and fatigue can't explain it all away.

Lack of rotation, too many games and injuries.

We badly need an injection of new players come January.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

Difference between losing with pride and losing doing children’s football mistakes, not being able to do basic passing correctly. Not bother marking at all and just not giving a fuck

Stop talking shit man.  Just for once.

Just now, OoOGazOoO said:

Down to 9th if results go against us.

TBF we aren't doing anything this season now so deal with it . 

Seen it for 55 years now , CL has done us this year , let's hope we learn and build again .

Wholesale changes aren't needed for me , luck, dunno, something is missing these last few games . It's gonna get worse soon so big decision for PIF to make in the summer but for now I'd leave it . 

22 minutes ago, Andy said:

Nah this isn't a Championship level first 11 like. No excuses in terms of the respective ability of the two teams. 

Too many champo level players, miggy, burn, longstaff, dubs not one of them would be a target for a team challenge for the top, all either been here for years or brought in as short term fixes when we had no options, and the worrying thing is that there are no other options at the moment.

The squad isn't big enough or good enough and it is frustrating, it will take years to have the solid foundations we need we just need to patience, doesn't mean that it doesn't piss me off though!

Front to back it's not working, nor is this new just infecting home form now. Lack of intensity means we aren't generating dangerous chances, lack of creativity from our attacking players, and most worrying of all absolutely no defensive organisation. Should be embarrassed to let Chris Wood score 1 let alone 3. 

I have always and remain critical of anyone reacting with fury, this season was always going to be tougher, but this maybe is a lower tier performance than even I, the arch pessimist was expecting. I am not going to panic, nor do I question Howe too much, clearly the players are in the ground and in need of a break they aren't going to get. However we do need significant change.

I have been also critical of the demand for Lewis Hall, I don't think when he has played he has look as good as some have said but probably worth a shot out of desperation, but more, I think Howe maybe needs to adjust how we play. We aren't able to do his high intensity style, we need to I am afraid to say focus on being really solid. 

As someone has defended Miggy a lot he has totally failed to push on from the form he found last season. We should be looking to replace him next month and ship him in summer. Not good enough unfortunately. Too much responsibility is on Miley's head at his age. Another attacking option beyond that needs to be found. 

At the back, I think it's a case of pulling it back a bit, bit more first principles defending and maybe be a bit more counter attacking than proactive until we return to some semblance of fitness with players back. 

3 minutes ago, MagMal said:

Too many champo level players, miggy, burn, longstaff, dubs not one of them would be a target for a team challenge for the top, all either been here for years or brought in as short term fixes when we had no options, and the worrying thing is that there are no other options at the moment.

The squad isn't big enough or good enough and it is frustrating, it will take years to have the solid foundations we need we just need to patience, doesn't mean that it doesn't piss me off though!

Dubs has been exemplary in how he's stepped in with our number 1 down, and with a Championship level back four (in their current form, lets say) playing in front of him

Edited by Upthemags

We lost killer instinct plus you need some luck. I only can wonder what if we had someone better than Almiron? Possibly we would score 1 more goal; 2:0 and game would be different. Our defense recently sucks and we can't score. 

Hopefully we can get 1-2 players that can score or pass awesome balls to our forwards. 

What's with the we got smashed theme? Pretty even game the one I watched, they just scored 2 more of their chances.

Hating the Trippier crosses, the percentage for how many times it reaches our player must be so low. Were brilliant at exploiting the right side and getting chances to cross, but they just seem close to pointless. Would love to see the actual numbers.

We need to revert to the shithousing please. Our defensive solidity is plainly out the window and the defenders seem to have poor rapport with Dubravka. If Gordon can’t seem to find his pace again very soon we need to rectify that in january. 

2 minutes ago, ikri said:

Horrific performance, just abysmal stuff.

It's not just the result, it's the manner of the results.  We've not just been beaten but completely outplayed by Forest today but also Luton and Everton.  Something is going very very wrong with the team and fatigue can't explain it all away.

It actually wasn't a horrific performance today.  The first half against Luton was miles worse.

I know the result is the most important but I actually thought we did ok, although the Forest counter attacking was worrying.

Nowt and I mean nowt went for us today.  Every bounce or ricochet went against us.

Have a look at the stats.

Well done Forest by the way.