Liverpool vs. Newcastle United: 1/1/24 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Overall consensus is we're most likely going to lose, probably by a few goals too.... Fast forward to 10pm and watch the meltdown online from same said people when what they expected to happen, happens.

I'm hopeful we can get something tonight but I'm mentally prepared for a spanking, anything in-between should be a shrug of the shoulders, let's go tear the Mackems a new one at the weekend.

Nobody should expect a howking tonight we’ve spent a fucking fortune on players, this isn’t Mike Ashley’s NUFC anymore.

Aye we usually get shafted here by some bad call and fully expect the same tonight, but we should give them a decent game going off their last few performances at home, if where passive and just bend over for the cunts tonight, Howe and players will deserve criticism.

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Nobody should expect a howking tonight we’ve spent a fucking fortune on players, this isn’t Mike Ashley’s NUFC anymore.

Aye we usually get shafted here by some bad call and fully expect the same tonight, but we should give them a decent game going off their last few performances at home, if where passive and just bend over for the cunts tonight, Howe and players will deserve criticism.

Sorry but I don’t understand what to mean by going off their last few results. They haven’t been beaten in the league since 30th September. If we get beat off these today you chalk it off and move on as where we’re at with injuries, options and exhaustion it’s a free hit as far as I’m concerned.

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Sorry but I don’t understand what to mean by going off their last few results. They haven’t been beaten in the league since 30th September. If we get beat off these today you chalk it off and move on as where we’re at with injuries, options and exhaustion it’s a free hit as far as I’m concerned.

They might be unbeaten but they we’re hardly great recently at home against Fulham and Man U, I disagree it’s not a free hit we should be going there expecting to give them a game.

Please know that this is designed for comfort rather than doom-mongery: we are going to lose tonight, probably badly. Nothing will have changed and it won't have been the nadir. There's no need for anyone to lose any more shit when it happens.

Isak will come out absolutely fuming on Anfield for us cunts thinking its a good idea having a football game on New years day, those scousers will get a kick in the arse for each missed glass of Champagne.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

They might be unbeaten but they we’re hardly great recently at home against Fulham and Man U, I disagree it’s not a free hit we should be going there expecting to give them a game.

Possibly but it’s as I said earlier, say what you like about them but they get the job done most games. They have steel and we struggle to concede less than three goals a game at the moment.

1 minute ago, buzza said:

---------dubs---------

Tripp---schar---Bot----Livra

---miley-----bruno----JOE--

---isak-------wilson----gordon

👍🏻 Hope it isn’t BDB for Livra and Miggy for Isak. Favourites or not we need the best option. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Please know that this is designed for comfort rather than doom-mongery: we are going to lose tonight, probably badly. Nothing will have changed and it won't have been the nadir. There's no need for anyone to lose any more shit when it happens.

There are those that will and those that won’t. Our journey is still going to be upward over the longer term. But a win would be fecking outstanding and put to bed some of the recent disappointments and injustices. Hopium kicking in again for me :indi:

More worried about injuries and suspensions leading to our, now, biggest game of the season on Saturday. Obviously hoping of a positive result but it's definitely hope rather than any expectations.

I think we will start very well and take the lead through Isak and play well in the first 30 minutes getting our hopes up thinking wow we are good today. Then they get a goal from a wonder strike  and gain some momentum in the end of the 1st half with us being pushed back. Continues like that with us not being able to keep hold of the ball and we defend for our lives in the 2nd half. Added time 8 minutes and they score 2-1 and in the 100th minute through a TAA deflection. Other than that I have no idea how it goes.  Oh, and two yellow cards for Gordon. 

Edited by Ikon

32 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

There's no need for anyone to lose any more shit when it happens.

Depends on the way of the loss. I want to see if we have learnt anything from the last month. If they come out playing like Luton, Spurs, Forest second half they havent.

15 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Depends on the way of the loss. I want to see if we have learnt anything from the last month. If they come out playing like Luton, Spurs, Forest second half they havent.

Going to be a grim scoreline if we haven’t improved, I’m confident we will play a lot better mind.