Liverpool 4-2 Newcastle United (01/01/2024)

BlueStar

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Unfortunately this is the case every single game. We give him absolutely nothing

Our midfield is cack at the minute. Don’t create much and don’t protect the defence either. Hope to god we can get people like Willock back.

Didn't think we were as bad as some, looked a bit more like we are starting to get things together again. Unfortunately, undone by Liverpool's dark arts again and strange officiating decisions. Were Liverpool better than us? Clearly better in attack and conning the ref, us being able to keep level until late on again shows we're capable though, just need a bit more umph and some new blood to lift us. Aside from the homer officials though, it's the commentary having a wankfest over the scum that gets me most annoyed.

3 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Villa and City will be licking their lips. They'll destroy us. The Mackems will probably start to feel confident too ffs.

Won't they be surprised?

4 minutes ago, simonsays said:

2 pens bumps it up massively though

I mean it bumps it up 1.5, which isn’t massive given the numbers involved. 

1 minute ago, Collage said:

Burn and Longstaff are not good enough on the ball. Hopefully Willock is back soon but probably need a new CM long term. Need a new winger as well, and of course a backup striker.

Sbozlai's pace through the middle made us look really pedestrian. He didn't even have a particularly outstanding game, but we looked like a Div 1 team in comparison. Our midfield couldn't trap the ball, couldn't pass it, and were left trailing in their wake when they stepped it up.

We’ve been well below standard again. 

I’m relatively chilled about the big picture, but at the moment it’s like we’re watching an Ashley era Newcastle unfortunately and it’s canny depressing after the unexpected highs of last season 

And Klopp is such an utter cunt. Constantly shoving those massive equine gnashers in some officials lug hole.

I’d love to fart in a Pringles tube then pin him down and shove it right in his face. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Villa and City will be licking their lips. They'll destroy us. The Mackems will probably start to feel confident too ffs.

Who’s this cunt?

That last pen was a dive and nobody will convince me otherwise. Just watched it like 4 times. If he was really tripped there was an invisible fucker in the box.

1 minute ago, Smal said:

Highest in the history of the league shows how badly we were pumped.

Just now, black_n_white said:

Playing in the champions league (coupled with injuries) has completely destroyed us. Look a shadow of the team from last season.

Villa have managed it fine. Might not be CL but if they get it next season they'll do a better job managing their season. 

They deserved the win, but fuck me, that pen felt like it robbed us of the chance to equalise, shocking decision imo.  I was convinced it was getting overturned. 

Edited by Wilson

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

What would you have done differently?

Ask the men at the top they're the ones paid millions, poor transfer window, poor tactics away from home. I've never seen once this season away in the league, a press or starting the game on the front foot (except against a terrible Sheff Utd team). We have just conceded the most shots in a premier league team this season. Defeats against Luton, Forest, Everton and Bournemouth. So yes questions should be asked, or are we going down the Benitez line again. These last 6 weeks have been shockingly bad and we look like a team fighting relegation and the defence looks like a sieve. 

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Livramento has appeared in half our games this season - including sub appearances.  It’s just excuse making for some of them. 

It has been quoted he’s been playing through a knock though. He’s still played in most of our games where we’ve been playing 2-3 a week too. 

2 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Playing in the champions league (coupled with injuries) has completely destroyed us. Look a shadow of the team from last season.

There’s more to it than that.  Were told the players haven’t been training yet we lose another two in training.  

3 minutes ago, Smal said:

Out of interest is xG 0.75 for every penalty no matter who the taker and circumstances?

Much improved performance. We are back on track. 5 years behind Liverpool but we have gave them a game despite Longstaff etc who will be nowhere near a start in a years time. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

There’s more to it than that.  Were told the players haven’t been training yet we lose another two in training.  

Then what is it? Something must be fundamentally wrong then?

9 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

As a “neutral” here, the commentary for the last 20-30 mins (that I watched) was absolutely excruciating. If I was a Liverpool fan I’d be embarrassed. I mean, I’d be embarrassed anyway, but specifically by the relentless sycophancy.

Salah getting floated down the Mersey in a Viking burial after the match I think. 

Xg is bullshit. There was very few saves there that I wouldn't expect Dubs to save every time. It was just the sheer volume of shots we allowed that made it look so bad. 

But our insane decision to back off and give Salah so much time and space especially 2nd half was mind boggling. 

He's proven what, 6+ years in a row that you give him space he will find a pass or a shot.