sunderland 0-3 Newcastle United (06/01/24)

Yorkie

Just now, Matt1892 said:

I’m surprised at the lack of fight and determination from their players. Maybe it will change in the second half if the managers gets around them but they have not made it the game I was expecting from them.

It's weird. When they had players that were happy to be there they were ferocious. All of these kids by and large have potential and are on display, so there's no edge to them. This isn't the Sunderland I remember.

We have completely kept these at bay, we could have done better with our chances, but all over the pitch we've won near every tackle, its been impressive.

Some great displays out there, Bruno and Joelinton are solid. Schar and Botman tidy.

More chances and we see these off.

I think this is a timely reminder of why VAR was brought in. We should be 2-0 up and against 10 men. 

I don't blame the ref because there's a tangle of bodies and it's a difficult spot. But the replay 100% shows that Ballard deliberately fell against Isak to bring him down.

Just now, Jean said:

I thought Mighy was practically invisible… whilst Gordon’s been good 🤣

There have been 14 tackles in the whole game and Miggy has won 7 of them. 

Just now, Cronky said:

I think this is a timely reminder of why VAR was brought in. We should be 2-0 up and against 10 men. 

I don't blame the ref because there's a tangle of bodies and it's a difficult spot. But the replay 100% shows that Ballard deliberately fell against Isak to bring him down.

I don’t think it’s a pen having seen the replay.  It’s a red though. 

5 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I think if it goes to VAR it’s a free kick and red card. Sunderland are going to have to go for it second half so we need a second asap 

He still had a hold of his shirt inside the area.

Pen.