sunderland 0-3 Newcastle United (06/01/24)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

That’s because Sunderland are shit. IMO anyway.  I don’t think we are fully over our fatigue issues. It might carry into City a bit. But by Villa it should be much better. 

We were "ole"-ing with the ball throughout pretty much the whole of the second half and our press was the best it's been for months, they couldn't get out of their defensive third

Of course we aren't fully over the fatigue issues

5 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

He’s the quintessential mackem hero. The true born heir to “Catts” and “Bally”.

They don’t have a choice.  It’s incredible how few truly talented players they’ve seen in R&W.  Ask a Mackem to name a best XI that they’ve seen - the lack of actual talent is incredible. 

They couldn’t cope with the occasion, we looked calm and collected though I do think we could have went for the jugular more. O'Nien‘s late attempt at save facing passion was hilarious.

Going to be tabbing from here and RTG back and forth for the next few hours to juice all of the craic/banter here and the Mackem tears there

A quality Saturday all round.

Edited by Amir_9

Just now, The Butcher said:

The absolute joy of no VAR as well. Brilliant.

I think we could of had another pen with it, however overall the game was more enjoyable 

They're a massive soft touch, which played into our hands. A Championship side of their level can make a real game of it against PL opposition if they're physically imposing.

However they're a team of rather feeble kids, with no physicality in midfield, and no CF. It's the one thing that made me relatively confident rather than shitting a brick. However I was surprised by just how easy it was. If Joelinton stays on I think we win by 4-5 tbh.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Isak’s finish for his first was brilliant by the way. Made it look a lot easier than it was.

I couldn’t work out what he had done but I knew he’d placed it brilliantly. The way he uses the full goal with confidence is pretty unique. Maybe someone like Luiz Suarez is the last similar finisher I can remember.