sunderland 0-3 Newcastle United (06/01/24)

Yorkie

11 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Was at both the O'Brien over the wall and Dabizas games. I genuinely feared for my life as a 14 year old lad during the aftermath of O'Briens goal. I was swept clean off my feet and ended up wedged up against a crush barrier about 10 feet from where if originally been standing, and totally separated from may dad's.mate who took me. I literally couldn't move and could feel my rib cage being crushed against it and couldn't catch my breath. Proper blind panic came over me. Luckily some huge monster of a bloke realised what was going on and managed to position himself between me and the mass of people behind me and I was able to scramble underneath the barrier and stand back up in front of it.

The Dabizas celebrations were pretty mental as well mind!

I was in the second row right behind the goal when Dabizas scored, 12 years old. It was my first time seeing us beat them at the sixth attempt (3rd away, including blowing the 2 goal lead two years previously). I've rarely want something more or been more ecstatic. 

4 hours ago, Rod said:

Before this thread goes "dead", I need to get this off my chest.  I listened to radio Newcastle on the Monday evening after the wear Tyne Derby.  Marco Gabbadini was an absolute disgrace.  He very rarely talked about the actual game/tactics etc.  He was totally absorbed and obsessive about the "photo" that happened at the end of the game.  He thought it was "very disrespectful" and that it was a pre planned act of arrogance.  Every Newcastle fan was treated awfully by him.  Some sunderland fans even called in giving us support/understanding and told him to back off.  He was awful!

Aye, heard that on Monday. This lot have FTM on everything man. I've seen bucket hats probably produced by the club with it on. Where's the respect in that?

6 hours ago, Stuy_O said:

Plus if we're going down the lack of class route he's fixated on he would do well to remember Sunderland's piss taking when Newcastle's takeover was initially rejected. Club and fans alike, they absolutely revelled in it. And thats fine - they're local rivals - but you have to take the medicine when it's dished the other way. 

The team photo actually felt like a bit of payback tbh, a chance to really rub their faces in it after a long long wait. 

They were ecstatic when we lost the 12 point lead and didn't win the PL.  I've had no time for them ever since.

Edited by GideonShandy

12 hours ago, Hudson said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/sorry-for-this-positive-post.1624739/

Best fans in the world, all behind the team. Yada Yada

Strange because I’m sure they departed in droves before the game ended. 

"Our fans are not bandwagon wankers"

That's exactly what a lot of them are. An extra 10k there Saturday cos they're playing Newcastle. Same as play off games etc etc

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Gabbiadini is a horrible little cunt who gives a fuck what that little mackem rat thinks.

Agreed - I still love that 'tackle' (!) by Kevin Scott on him which earned him a red card during that mental 4-1 away to Derby in KK's first season!

9 hours ago, Rod said:

Before this thread goes "dead", I need to get this off my chest.  I listened to radio Newcastle on the Monday evening after the wear Tyne Derby.  Marco Gabbadini was an absolute disgrace.  He very rarely talked about the actual game/tactics etc.  He was totally absorbed and obsessive about the "photo" that happened at the end of the game.  He thought it was "very disrespectful" and that it was a pre planned act of arrogance.  Every Newcastle fan was treated awfully by him.  Some sunderland fans even called in giving us support/understanding and told him to back off.  He was awful!

IMG_0250.jpeg.c7f47434e5ec5a3e4e9c076f3422a905.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Elric said:

Fuck "Marco", bitter old cunt. 

Aye, it was disrespectful, I'm only disappointed it wasn't moreso, fuck 'em :lol:

Course it was disrespectful. His reaction makes it all the more sweeter. Hopefully the tears keep flowing a little while longer. 

Fans on the show have let themselves down by not winding him up even more. 

5 hours ago, Paully said:

Agreed - I still love that 'tackle' (!) by Kevin Scott on him which earned him a red card during that mental 4-1 away to Derby in KK's first season!

In case anyone hasn't seen it - 45 seconds!

9 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

I remember listening to that game in disbelief, Paully. Fucking Brian Coddington - what a cunt.

Bunch of cunts that Derby side as well, especially the mackem goblin and Tommy Johnson, Geordie my arse. Glad we exposed them the following season as the overpriced shite they were, being at the Baseball Ground to see us beat them was one of my favorite away days of that season.

Yup - Tommy Johnson was a little ginger twunt. Got grief after he scored for Derby at SJP the following season, after he went out the same night, after the game (in the Bigg Market)

Not too bright that lad!

10 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Yup - Tommy Johnson was a little ginger twunt. Got grief after he scored for Derby at SJP the following season, after he went out the same night, after the game (in the Bigg Market)

Not too bright that lad!

He's not a fan of Biffa Bacon anymore!

4 hours ago, Paully said:

In case anyone hasn't seen it - 45 seconds!

Probably the best away end I’ve ever been in, backing that day was relentless and will remember it to the grave. 

The impact KK had on the fanbase was incredible even in the greatest adversity in clubs history, we looked gone that day, but in a funny way I think it was the show of support that day that fuelled players and fans for the rest of the run in. 

On 11/01/2024 at 14:20, Big Geordie said:

I remember listening to that game in disbelief, Paully. Fucking Brian Coddington - what a cunt.

Can remember where I was when the penalty situation went down - dads car at a round-about in Washington, nice bright afternoon - cant remember the rest of it. I guess it lodged as the moment that was going to at least send us down to the 3rd Division if not kill us (was talk of that that season)

On 11/01/2024 at 17:30, Whitley mag said:

The impact KK had on the fanbase was incredible even in the greatest adversity in clubs history, we looked gone that day, but in a funny way I think it was the show of support that day that fuelled players and fans for the rest of the run in. 

Totally agree with that. Like a massive version of a referee giving decisions against you getting the crowd and subsequently the team hot.  Was really the motivation and momentum to take into those last two games compared to if we'd drawn say.

In a weird way thats still one of my favourite seasons.

On 11/01/2024 at 02:54, Superior Acuña said:

I was in the second row right behind the goal when Dabizas scored, 12 years old. It was my first time seeing us beat them at the sixth attempt (3rd away, including blowing the 2 goal lead two years previously). I've rarely want something more or been more ecstatic. 

Was there as well, must have been about 15. Got tickets because I was one of the best sellers of The Mag and Mark Jensen used to take me to sell at aways. The celebration was manic like, only Rob Lee’s goal at old Wembley matches it for me.

On 11/01/2024 at 17:30, Whitley mag said:

Probably the best away end I’ve ever been in, backing that day was relentless and will remember it to the grave. 

Absolute scenes when we pulled one back to make it 2-1. That's the game where David Kelly was cemented as my favourite ever player 

29 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

Absolute scenes when we pulled one back to make it 2-1. That's the game where David Kelly was cemented as my favourite ever player 

Beat me to it by a week. Portsmouth.

Still think my favourite crowd serge that season was the one towards David Speedie at Blackburn

Edited by Wolfcastle

52 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Still think my favourite crowd serge that season was the one towards David Speedie at Blackburn

We’ve all shagged your wife Speedie Speedie…

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

Away to Grimsby was a good surge many ended up on the pitch iirc.