Newcastle United 2-3 Manchester City (13/01/23)

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

The fatigue isn't real crowd are having a fucking nightmare here. Weird how we look more dangerous on the counter when our wingers have energy 

I don't think anyone would deny the extent of the fatigue issue since the Spurs game in december. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Edited by Erikse

We were as awful at 1-0 down as I've seen...

We were as good from 1-1 as I've seen..

Mental.

They are dangerous but I feel they are a soft touch when it gets physical.

Seen a few replays of that great chance at 0-0. Cannot get my head around people blaming Miggy. He presses like a madman, wins the ball, Gordon shits his pants and passes to him instead of passing in an open goal and Bruno then takes the ball off his toes and hardly connects at all. If one of Gordon or Bruno had not been there he might have got the goal, maybe even all by himself

4 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Why do you watch football? Always comes across that you have to find a reason to be negative.

Me? I probably have an annoying amount of optimistic / glass half full posts on here.

I was merely joking about the disparity in quality of the two benches. But since you asked, those 45 minutes are why I watch football.

Also importantly Miggy and Gordon seem to have their zip back. The looked sluggish for weeks but they look back to normal.

Longstaff is miles off it IMO. We need him back up to speed. 2 week break after this is crucial.

Just now, STM said:

Also importantly Miggy and Gordon seem to have their zip back. The looked sluggish for weeks but they look back to normal.

Longstaff is miles off it IMO. We need him back up to speed. 2 week break after this is crucial.

Hopefully we can keep it up for the full ninety.

Just now, STM said:

He hasn’t looked right all season. Hopefully he gets back to his best asap. He was a force last season. 

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Seen a few replays of that great chance at 0-0. Cannot get my head around people blaming Miggy. He presses like a madman, wins the ball, Gordon shits his pants and passes to him instead of passing in an open goal and Bruno then takes the ball off his toes and hardly connects at all. If one of Gordon or Bruno had not been there he might have got the goal, maybe even all by himself

what minute was this?

5 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I’m normally quite level headed (imo ofc) but a few minutes before Isak’s goal said it’d finish 0-4. :lol: 

Class turnaround, hopefully we come out and see it through. 

Understandable to think that. We had a couple of early chances and then looked miles off it. With them queuing up to score again. If they got a 2nd in that spell, which looked inevitable. Then they would have battered us.

Momentum is massive in football. That Forest game for example, should be 2 up and then go in 1-1 and capitulate second half. 

Can understand why people are negative of late with some of our results and performances.

I still think they will have too much for us. But barring us totally wilting this half. It’s nice to see us back to something like the team we saw for most of last year. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

He hasn’t looked right all season. Hopefully he gets back to his best asap. He was a force last season. 

Disagree there mind. Around the PSG game he was fantastic.

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

agreed. Gordon should’ve just done what he did for his goal :lol:

We need to keep our heads as a forum if we don't hold on here btw. Howe has set us up to get something and it's working so far, but City have so much more on the bench and on the pitch than we do. A loss will be no shame at all on manager or players. 3 points here would be incredible and we're at it so far, fingers crossed 

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Longstaff has done the same as he has all season, hover around the ball without actually getting involved.