Alfie Harrison

NSG

Just now, Ronson333 said:

Des was one of the worst players I’ve seen wear our shirt 😀

He was big and hard though, that's how Kenny liked them. Except he wasn't really that hard.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

I guess the Morgan Gibbs White interest will have ended then. Unless Joelinton really is on his way out.

If we are after MGW, I'd be shocked if signing a youth prospect ended that.

I'm happy that we're not looking at short-term impact players at inflated prices this January in order to improve our league position. We should see our never-ending injury crisis this season as an opportunity to grow young players for the future, rather than a hole that has to be plugged with average veterans or loan signings. 

This will give us an extra body to put on the pitch if there's nobody else, but also a player that can grow with the club long term. Of course he's not going to win us as many games as Kalvin Phillips this season, but that's not the important thing for where we are in our development. Given the FFP constraints, we just can't afford to spend money looking for a quick fix (unless it's a Chris Wood sort of situation where we need to avoid relegation). 

9 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Man City mate says he’s a box to boxer, gets a load of assists and goals for the academy. Pep promoted him this year. He can’t understand why they’re letting him go.

Might be because he wants to be closer to getting minutes. Same reason as Palmer possibly? They may demand some kind of clause though. Hopefully he is ready so that he can provide some much needed coverage in our midfield this season already.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

If we are after MGW, I'd be shocked if signing a youth prospect ended that.

Depends how much that undisclosed fee is I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Nine said:

I’m guessing we’ve assured him we can give him a decent amount of minutes before City can.

He’s right, does score and assist most games. Confident player. I can’t understand why they’re letting him go as well unless he’s pushed for it. 

Just now, Joelinton7 said:

He’s right, does score and assist most games. Confident player. I can’t understand why they’re letting him go as well unless he’s pushed for it. 

I assume he's been pushing for a move because he feels that he's good enough for the first team and is frustrated that he hasn't gotten his debut yet. Probably sees the chances that Miley has been getting in our squad, and knows that we're always going to be one injury away from him starting every game for the remainder of the season. 

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

Because they have ridiculous world class players ahead of him. Same reason Palmer left. Academy for city is an exercise in FFP. Foden and Lewis the exception not the rule.

2 minutes ago, oldtype said:

I assume he's been pushing for a move because he feels that he's good enough for the first team and is frustrated that he hasn't gotten his debut yet. Probably sees the chances that Miley has been getting in our squad, and knows that we're always going to be one injury away from him starting every game for the remainder of the season. 

He’s a confident player for sure so will fancy his chances. 

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Because they have ridiculous world class players ahead of him. Same reason Palmer left. Academy for city is an exercise in FFP. Foden and Lewis the exception not the rule.

Yeah, ‘tis but a scratch to City