Favorite Youtube Football edit?

Mike

:lol: I think it will always be this, for me. I feel like I think about it daily.

Would absolutely love to find the one that was knocking about in 2005, when I was just getting into the sport, had Ronaldinho, Okocha, Henry et al. Would be dead nostalgic to watch it now.

I used to knock about a site called Soccerpulse around 05 and made the odd video myself.

Actually funny story is if anyone has seen the "Luque can play football" video on YT before, I actually made that compilation my name is in the credits at the end, someone ripped it off and uploaded it with that hilarious title.

I can still remember the competitions they had, there were some really talented editors.

Footyfanatic, Mingun119 and Osaidistyle are the ones I remember most.

Edited by Alberto2005

Can’t remember who it was who made it on here, or if it’s even still about, but Florence & the Machine - Shake It Out always takes me back to the 5th place season under Pards whenever I hear it.

Going way back to being in my first year Halls of Residence at university exploring this new fangled Youtube site:

Sadly one called "Keegan Times" set to Bittersweet Symphony has disappeared to the ether.

Edited by Pandamninator

5 hours ago, CPL said:

Anything from @pedro111 hope I have tagged the right one! 

Bellamy, Shearer and Beardsley in particular! 

Thanks mate! Can you believe it's been about 20 years since I made those vids! I was just a fresh faced kid at the time. Now I'm a greying early 40s numpty wondering where that time has gone! Think I was a bit of a pioneer (haha) at the time as no-one else was making football vids like that. Now you look at today and they are everywhere! and done at a way higher level by people with more talent than me! The highlight for me was seeing them being played at St James' on a match day! Good times! 

8 hours ago, pedro111 said:

Thanks mate! Can you believe it's been about 20 years since I made those vids! I was just a fresh faced kid at the time. Now I'm a greying early 40s numpty wondering where that time has gone! Think I was a bit of a pioneer (haha) at the time as no-one else was making football vids like that. Now you look at today and they are everywhere! and done at a way higher level by people with more talent than me! The highlight for me was seeing them being played at St James' on a match day! Good times! 

Just ahead of time my friend! 20 years is crazy. I remember watching them on a Sunday morning before my game to get me in the mood! I can't forget the Laurent Robert one either! I loved the interview with him at the start. 

8 hours ago, pedro111 said:

The Laurent Robert one to Coldplay's Clocks. 'chef's kiss'

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The Laurent Robert one to Coldplay's Clocks. 'chef's kiss'

Thanks. That is one of my favourites too. Loved the bloke and was genuinely devastated when he left. :sigh:

9 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Thanks. That is one of my favourites too. Loved the bloke and was genuinely devastated when he left. :sigh:

Did you do Peter Beardsley's Little by Little vid too? Love that one.

One of my favourite vids is actually a short, it's the Smooth Criminal chorus before Peter Drury steps in with "Lee Cattermole!" to replace Smooth Criminal in the chorus. Only about 10 seconds long, can't seem to find it.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

22 hours ago, Pandamninator said:

Going way back to being in my first year Halls of Residence at university exploring this new fangled Youtube site:

Sadly one called "Keegan Times" set to Bittersweet Symphony has disappeared to the ether.

I was just going to say the Keegan Times - it's the best one.

I downloaded it back in the day - will upload it on YouTube and share here, if anyone has the name of the creator, let me know and I will credit to them.

4 minutes ago, Cort said:

I was just going to say the Keegan Times - it's the best one.

I downloaded it back in the day - will upload it on YouTube and share here, if anyone has the name of the creator, let me know and I will credit to them.

Ah YouTube block it from being uploaded for obvious reasons, but the download link is here for whoever wants to reminisce that era: https://we.tl/t-tYLwD9wAPr

10 minutes ago, Cort said:

Ah YouTube block it from being uploaded for obvious reasons, but the download link is here for whoever wants to reminisce that era: https://we.tl/t-tYLwD9wAPr

Legend - remember I found it about 5 years on some random site (Dailymotion?) but even that has disappeared

1 hour ago, pedro111 said:

Any chance you could upscale the Laurent Robert video and submit it for an exhibition at the Louvre? Rewatched it again before I posted it in here and it is just glorious - both the editing and what Robert was doing.

10 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Did you do Peter Beardsley's Little by Little vid too? Love that one.

One of my favourite vids is actually a short, it's the Smooth Criminal chorus before Peter Drury steps in with "Lee Cattermole!" to replace Smooth Criminal in the chorus. Only about 10 seconds long, can't seem to find it.

:thup: