Newcastle United 4-4 Luton Town (03/02/24) | Reaction: pg40

Yorkie

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Yeah for their 2nd I think it was Longstaff flaked a challenge with Barkley and they went up the other end and scored

Fucking maddening what he did there. He knew there was a big gap if he missed it and he looked to half-arse it rather than ensuring if it wasn't ball then he had to take the man.

Does have credit in the bank after scoring 2 tidy goals though [emoji38]

1 minute ago, BShearer said:

this Luton draw is fucked up, how can they score 4. did they score 4 in Champo last season in 1 game?

not the first time they've scored 4 this season.

25 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Very true. Just hope willock is available for the FA cup, I think that's our season now 

Cup and a Euro spot (conference) looks like the aim - 7th or 8th - given our injury travails is where we will end up 

Have to be ruthless with our recruitment in the summer - we all know where the issues are 

Can understand why our press has been poor in recent games but no idea why we've become so sloppy with the ball. 

Almost feels like we've forgotten our basic patterns and are just making it up as we go.

Glad we scraped the draw, annoyed we even allowed it to get as bad as that as I thought we had a good flow about us early on first half.

Enjoyed the spectacle, hated that it was at our expense but there were go.

My only annoyance today was EH with the belated subs, the whole stadium could see BDB was getting the run around. Feel he was hung out to dry good and proper and felt Shan as fuck for him when everyone was cheering for Tino after he had just dropped another ruck.

Thought we really missed Joelinton today. Some fairly meek tackles in the middle of the park, obviously Bruno is trying to avoid getting booked but Longstaff is just too nice. Burn was targeted from minute one, thought he was great at Villa until Bailey came on but very apparent in this current lineup that he’s unsuitable for the role. Not so bad away from home when we are a bit deeper but if there’s space to run in behind him he’s done for.

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It was as much disappointing given the previous 90 mins - I saw the 10 mins and thought ‘this could still be 5-5’

We obviously had problems in the midfield and at the back, but the most disappointing thing about that game for me is that we lost momentum after the 4th. We responded really well when we went down two and we were flying after the third and then after Bruno's cross we just kind of died out. 

Third game in a week and fatigue may have played a role, but it was all set up for us to win 5-4 and be an automatic mention in the lists of craziest PL games.

I can’t get my head around watching that 1st half and not make any change from the off. Obviously not the forced one because of Gordon’s injury. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I thought Luton managed the situation well tbh. Could have folded after the 4th but they dug in and nearly even nicked it. They took the sting out of the game brilliantly in injury-time. Hope they stay up.

Certainly putting up a better fight than Burnley and Sheff Utd.

Seem to have the right mix of pace, strength and team work and then a bit of star quality with Barkley

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I thought Luton managed the situation well tbh. Could have folded after the 4th but they dug in and nearly even nicked it. They took the sting out of the game brilliantly in injury-time. Hope they stay up.

For sure and I'm really happy for Barkley. Always liked him.