Nottingham Forest vs. Newcastle United: 10/2/24 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

On way now for what is only my third ever away game. In the home end with the Forest fans again. Was actually quite proud of myself last season with the restraint I had to show for an injury time winning penalty. Got some proper hacky looks at the end I wonder if they remember me 😂

It was an incredible atmosphere like last season so looking forward to it 🥰

It doesn't matter how good we get, there'll always be a player for the permanently miserable element within our support to focus their impotent anger at. 

Burn came in as one of the best defenders we'd seen at Newcastle in years. Now for them he's the scapegoat. If we continue to push on, the players we love now will take his place, it's inevitable.

Edited by Kid Icarus

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It doesn't matter how good we get, there'll always be a player for the permanently miserable element within our support to focus their impotent anger at. 

Burn came in as one of the best defenders we'd seen at Newcastle in years. Now for them he's the scapegoat. If we continue to push on, the players we love now will take his place, it's inevitable.

If he plays badly tonight or is at fault like last week, the criticism will be more aimed at Howe than Burn himself imo.

7 minutes ago, FCB said:

Am I wrong Ben? 

Why do we always need a scapegoat ? Burn gives 100% every game and its on Howe not to play him against pacy wingers, booing players or groaning when he's even on the pitch just goes to prove to the other supporters their theory that we are fickle. 

11 minutes ago, TBG said:

Win and the Burn thread barely gets touched.

Lose and well you know.

His thread has been bumped loads of times when he's played well though?

Would like to see Burn dropped but also think it's unlikely he stinks it up that badly again. Obviously he'll knock it straight out of play from a basic pass at least 3/4 times.

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We played wing-backs and wingers/wide forwards with two CMs under Rafa for 5 months, and it was probably the spell with the most easy on the eye football played in between Robson and Howe.

The biggest plus of that formation is that it closes the space where Dan Burn would get exposed in a 4-3-3. Midfield wise we don't have the players fit who can press effectively anyway, and it also means we don't have to play at 100mph when we don't have a squad with enough fit players to implement it over 90mins.

2 hours ago, Heron said:

If it does, then people need to be going at Howe. Not Burn.

I agree - hugely thankful for what he’s done here obviously but repeatedly making the same mistakes over and over then saying he picks on performances is getting to me now.

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

Hopefully a few chants of "he's from Blyth" tonight from the away end. Get behind him. I'll start the bugger...

Everyone gets behind him - that’s the problem.

51 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

At least Burn has actually hit a bit of bad form, so the escape goating of him appears to have done justification. Plus it's taken the heat of Miggy for a bit, small mercies.

The thing with whether Burn plays or not (personally today I'd play Tino) isn't as straightforward. We've looked better since Longstaff went back on the right but playing Tino with Miley on the left, possibly with Barnes leaves a leadership and experience gap on that side, Miley seems to need a lot of help off the ball,being told where to be etc. It may need to be a weakening in midfield (Longstaff back on the left in order to Trips to help Miley

Edited by madras

4 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

If Burn gets his arse handed to him (again) it’s going to get nasty.

It shouldn’t get personal, but the fewm will be elevated to greater levels. 

Ironically, He'll go and have a stormer, score and we'll all be changin our minds.[emoji38]

Edited by mighty__mag

3 hours ago, ste_ne24 said:

On way now for what is only my third ever away game. In the home end with the Forest fans again. Was actually quite proud of myself last season with the restraint I had to show for an injury time winning penalty. Got some proper hacky looks at the end I wonder if they remember me 😂

It was an incredible atmosphere like last season so looking forward to it 🥰

Just say fuck a duck as each of our four goals go in 😉 Here’s hoping you’ don’t have to endure the shame of fake celebrating a consolation goal. 

2 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

We haven’t played yet :lol: ask again at full time. 

I will genuinely remember the tweet if needs be, because he's gonna be bent over and outpaced on every single 1-on-1

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Why do we always need a scapegoat ? Burn gives 100% every game and its on Howe not to play him against pacy wingers, booing players or groaning when he's even on the pitch just goes to prove to the other supporters their theory that we are fickle. 

You can give 100% but it means nothing when you're constantly getting undone in the same ways, every single game he's getting ran past and embarrassed - when he's not conceding penalties.