Newcastle United vs. Bournemouth: 17/2/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

The term “made of glass” gets thrown around too easily but Wilson genuinely is a walking injury. Says a lot about his ability that he’s had the career he’s had in spite of those injuries 

From what I can remember it was entirely his own fault. Looked like he inured it whilst needlessly wrestling with a Forrest defender after the ball had gone out for a goal kick.

So anyway, back to the line up I'd like to see but almost certainly won't happen (that said he moved Bruno forward last week so)...

Dubravka 

Trippier  Schar      Botman     Burn

Longstaff    Bruno

Murphy          Gordon         Barnes

Wilson

Obviously Livramento but let's not go there. In this formation I'd allow Barnes and Gordon as much flexibility as they want to swap positions. In fact I'd encourage it because Bournemouth won't know who they are marking.

Also given Howes ability to teach people positioning, Gordon could easily drop into that left 8 role while we are defending. 

I just think this formation gives Miley a break and what a great sub to have.

Edited by STM

Dubsy

trippy.    Sharsy.   Bottsy.    Burnsy

Staffsy.            Smilsey

Broonsy

miggsy.        Gordsy.        Barnsy

On 13/02/2024 at 04:23, Yorkie said:

Poor lad must fucking hate his body, like. I really feel for him at this stage; bloody pec injury ffs. Don't think I've heard of that ever being a thing. 

Need to get ya in the gym, mate. 

19 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

Dubsy

trippy.    Sharsy.   Bottsy.    Burnsy

Staffsy.            Smilsey

Broonsy

miggsy.        Gordsy.        Barnsy

Not sure Barnes has the pace of discipline to play auxiliary LB so might be better to leave Gordon there. He's rapid enough to help Burn out whenever the ball goes to that side. None of the midfield 3 have enough pace to get over to cover quickly.

Wilson is the premier league version of every bloke I know approaching 40; a new injury every month and the old ones never quite heal. 

edit: myself included of course. 

Edited by BoSelecta

Dubravka 

Schar            Botman           Burn

Trippier          Miley

Almiron  Longstaff Bruno G  Barnes

Gordon 

2-1 win Barnes and Burn. 

Edited by Joelinton7

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Isak and Willock very very close, Murphy hasn’t trained yet this week. Anderson and Targett 10 days away from first team training.

Getting those first two back will transform the season, if they don't get injured instantly obvs. 

Is it just me who finds it mental that we, as a side who've been in the CL this season (albeit first in an age), only have two strikers? One of which the club already knew was injury-prone? 

Maybe it's been like this for a long time, but my brain just expects there to at least be a young lad/unknown/clogger to give a chance?

On 13/02/2024 at 10:23, Yorkie said:

Poor lad must fucking hate his body, like. I really feel for him at this stage; bloody pec injury ffs. Don't think I've heard of that ever being a thing. 

Here's one:

fb9d939c91ab0ab70c1854c659f2f80c

:scared:

5 minutes ago, Nexumaster said:

Is it just me who finds it mental that we, as a side who've been in the CL this season (albeit first in an age), only have two strikers? One of which the club already knew was injury-prone? 

Maybe it's been like this for a long time, but my brain just expects there to at least be a young lad/unknown/clogger to give a chance?

We only ever play with one. 

The ideal scenario would have been to rotate Isak and Wilson with Gordon being the back up striker if needed.

That was until Barnes had his toe fall off. 

Edited by TBG

46 minutes ago, Nexumaster said:

Don't know how many times people have mentioned the fact no other clubs have three first team strikers :lol: especially with Howe preferring a settled team over rotation how could we possibly keep three strikers happy to stay here? Even Chris Wood was outta here at the first opportunity once both Isak and Wilson were fit, and we were more than happy to sell him.

2 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

You can never tell with Howe in his press conferences. But based on what he is saying and me guessing. Sounds like Isak and Willock will miss tomorrow. But back for Arsenal. 

Not too sure on that to be honest, he was saying the same about Gordon last week. Time will tell