Newcastle United 2-2 Bournemouth (17/02/24) | Reaction: pg 34

Yorkie

Just now, Aiston said:

It was absolutely towards the ref, not the players.

Lol 

Never in my life have I heard the ref get booed at half time whistle.  Always after.

Not sure who has less control. Our back 4 or the ref. 

Strange game. We have played quite well for large parts. Just massively missing a striker and any pace outside of the front three. 

I don’t think they’ve been particularly good. But should have scored two, for sure. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Just now, SiLvOR said:

Annoying how shit we always look against Bournemouth 

Proof that it's not just this season though, the games last year against Bournemouth were just the same. Really scrappy and no rhythm to our game. Its the way these teams come and play away from home, its up to us to beat them, they just do whatever they can to fuck us up.

Some decent play up until the final third, then the front three look pretty powder puff. Gordon marshalled pretty well so far, Barnes not really got clear space to run into, and Miggy too weak to hold the defender off when he was put in behind.

Just now, plenum said:

Decent passing of the ball. Awful end tird

I must be watching a different game.....our passing and quality on the ball has been woeful!

2 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Tends to have the opposite effect with these dofshit refs, he'll dig in ever harder.

Unfortunately you're right, same thing happens in Sunday League. The more you're on the refs back the more likely he is to favour the opposition.

As a fan of I was going to boo the ref I would never do it on the whistle where we have played shit.

Maybe I'm wrong like but I would be worried it would come across booing the team.

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

It was absolutely towards the ref, not the players.

He's been dreadful all game but his last moment of incompetence almost led to Bournemouth scoring in the last seconds. The boos were 100% for him.

Just now, Slim said:

As a fan of I was going to boo the ref I would never do it on the whistle where we have played shit.

Maybe I'm wrong like but I would be worried it would come across booing the team.

I’m with you.  I just wouldn’t boo full stop.  Pantomime shite.  Just shout abuse at the referee like a normal person

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’d try Barnes through the middle 

I’m sure he will score points here and there but we shouldn’t have bought him at all imo. Not before other areas/type of players.