Blackburn Rovers 1-1 Newcastle United - NUFC win 4-3 on pens (27/02/24) | Reaction: pg 70

Disco

Trying to look at that objectively, that was a cracking cup tie that had a bit of everything. Blackburn put up a really good show, as expected in games like that, and we still blew very hot and cold.

The players (and Eddie) for the first time in the last two years, looked genuinely nervous to me. Like they knew it was an absolute must win to get the season back on track.

Fingers crossed that winning it will go towards reigniting our season and instilling a bit of confidence / swagger again (because it’s missing badly at the moment).

Hopefully get a Premier League team next round. Cant take the bipolar commentary that comes with playing a team from a lower league.

One minute Blackburn were rightfully a team sat in 16th. The next minute they had the second coming of christ in their new manager.

Oh and btw, did you know Szmodics has scored goals this season? 

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Proper hilarious how some people can't hide the disappointment that we didn't crash out there :lol:

Proper hilarious how you aren't allowed to call out some confusing subs and a fucking dire performance.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We’re through, which is all that really matters.  But fuck me that was a shite performance, following on from an awful lot of shite performances.  

Injuries, Blackburn’s new manager bounce, fatigue, fixture congestion, having to play harder cup games, the Horizon scandal and the fact it’s a leap year all to blame tonight.

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

So fuck really. 

I've seen it happen many a time to us... I'll enjoy that all the same, maybe even a bit more than a usual win. 

It's not often we get that type of win... half an hour ago I could only see one outcome. 

Get the fuck in. 

I’m not complaining :lol: 

Felt like it was getting away from us. I’ll take it. 

Obviously pleased we went through without playing great, but the greatest satisfaction is Danny Murphy being fucking devastated. Not many bigger arseholes in football than that micro penised wanker.

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Dubs saved us with a couple of top drawer saves and all, though. For all the possession we had. We didn’t create many clear openings and a lot of the chances came from their fuck ups/the break of the ball. 

We’re through, I’ll take it. But I didn’t quite agree with the narrative Murphy was going with. It felt like they had plenty of chances to score too. 

Like I say, it was a shit performance. We weren't 'played off the park' though :lol:

It was an even game, which obviously isn't good enough at a Championship ground.

1 minute ago, TBG said:

Hopefully get a Premier League team next round. Cant take the bipolar commentary that comes with playing a team from a lower league.

One minute Blackburn were rightfully a team sat in 16th. The next minute they had the second coming of christ in their new manager.

Oh and btw, did you know Szmodics has scored goals this season? 

You wait until we draw Liverpool. 

7 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Papering the cracks, we've been garbage for weeks, lets be real we were played off the park by a Championship team in 16th and didn't deserve to win, couple that with months on month of pathetic performances.

Can Eddie turn it around, lets hope so.

IMG_8963.thumb.jpeg.f005985245b95a090b2e9368697c7b6a.jpeg

We obviously weren’t good but we had enough chances to put few games to bed in ET and they hardly battered us during the 90 either.

4 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Performances are still a concern, but we scraped through into the next round and that’s more than I can say for the vast majority of my life watching Newcastle in the cup.

:thup: