Blackburn Rovers 1-1 Newcastle United - NUFC win 4-3 on pens (27/02/24) | Reaction: pg 70

Disco

Just now, Displayname said:

Dont think it was undeserved overall, ended up getting some really decent chances ourselves. 

Overall a draw seemed fair, it being the cup, someone had to win.

If we play like this against a genuine side we will get smashed again like. Good to be through but I can’t wait to see the mentality back to last years flying high level.

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Obviously pleased we're through, but that performance was again woeful. I can't believe that after two months of blatantly obvious evidence, that a totally ineffective midfield containing Miley and Longstaff is still being selected. The press has disappeared and the standard of defending is abysmal. Performances are unacceptable and I see no sign of that changing, if anything they're getting worse. Howe needs to get it sorted otherwise I can see him being gone in the Summer. 

Yeah what could possibly be causing Howe to select the same midfield every game. Truly one of the games great mysteries 

2 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Dont think it was undeserved overall, ended up getting some really decent chances ourselves. 

We missed a host of gilt-edged chances and gifted them a goal, could've had absolutely no complaints if we went out. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Howeh, I really liked ASM but Gordon is obv his replacement 

We really could have done with an ASM tonight though. We need a winger who can something else other than just being geet fast and work hard.

37 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Hope Bruce comes back to help jog your memory.

No thanks, as a ST holder throughout I'm still acutely aware.

That was seriously bad though, can't see a pattern of play other than ponderous passing, running down bling alleys or chasing over egged balls over the top.

Through in the cup though so:occasion14:

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I don't need excuses, get our players back and go again next season and he'll have us competing again. It's absolutely mental the way yous are going on.

It’s okay, I accept your apology.

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

We really could have done with an ASM tonight though. We need a winger who can something else other than just being geet fast and work hard.

You reckon ASM wouldn't have been injured for this this season? :lol:

We do need that lock picker though, defnitely.

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Yeah what could possibly be causing Howe to select the same midfield every game. Truly one of the games great mysteries 

Bet nobody would complain if he made those changes and played non-midfielder squad players instead and things didn't work out

Edited by Jonas

2 minutes ago, Parsley said:

We missed a host of gilt-edged chances and gifted them a goal, could've had absolutely no complaints if we went out. 

Dont get me wrong, it wouldnt be undeserved if Blackburn won either.

2 minutes ago, Big Jow said:

It’s okay, I accept your apology.

As long as you're here in September/October with a heartfelt letter to Ed himself, repenting for your sins, it's all good.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

8 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Obviously pleased we're through, but that performance was again woeful. I can't believe that after two months of blatantly obvious evidence, that a totally ineffective midfield containing Miley and Longstaff is still being selected. The press has disappeared and the standard of defending is abysmal. Performances are unacceptable and I see no sign of that changing, if anything they're getting worse. Howe needs to get it sorted otherwise I can see him being gone in the Summer. 

There's a pretty large, potentially injured elephant in the room there.

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

No thanks, as a ST holder throughout I'm still acutely aware.

That was seriously bad though, can't see a pattern of play other than ponderous passing, running down bling alleys or chasing over egged balls over the top.

Through in the cup though so:occasion14:

Longstaff and Willock look like they are going to take a while to get back up to speed and the form of last year, which is seriously bad news.

41 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Hope Bruce comes back to help jog your memory.

You know, ‘better than Steve Bruce’ isn’t exactly a mark of quality.  And Ashley’s running of NUFC was a shambles, not a benchmark.  Those of us who supported the club in the ‘80s and ‘90s didn’t spend half our days wanking on about ‘remember how shit 90-91 was’ everytime KK’s side had a bad run and drew some criticism.

Howe deservedly got plenty of credit in the previous year and a half.  What’s being put on at the moment isn’t acceptable.  It doesn’t make you a superfan to put the blinkers on

Also not sure I haven't been paying attention but why do we try and head the ball do much in the middle of the park? Can no one control the ball good enough to bring it down to their feet. It always seems to land back to the opposition or go no where. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

You know, ‘better than Steve Bruce’ isn’t exactly a mark of quality.  And Ashley’s running of NUFC was a shambles, not a benchmark.  Those of us who supported the club in the ‘80s and ‘90s didn’t spend half our days wanking on about ‘remember how shit 90-91 was’ everytime KK’s side had a bad run and drew some criticism.

Howe deservedly got plenty of credit in the previous year and a half.  What’s being put on at the moment isn’t acceptable.  It doesn’t make you a superfan to put the blinkers on

Nothing we have done this season comes close to the absolute vomit produced under Bruce. I will never accept that. We had ten men in our box all game and Joelinton 50 yards up the pitch. We couldn't even get up the pitch most games.