1 Newcastle United
2 Chelsea or Leeds United
3 Leicester City
4 Liverpool or Southampton
5 Nottingham Forest or Manchester United
6 Wolverhampton Wanderers or Brighton & Hove Albion
7 Coventry City
8 Manchester City

14 possibilities (ignoring some uncertainty over which team in four of the games).  Personal preference, in order is below. Any of the top 7 and I would fancy our chances of progressing.

Coventry at Home

Coventry Away

Leicester at Home

Chelsea or Leeds at Home

Leicester Away

Forest or Man Utd at Home

Wolves or Brighton at Home 

Liverpool or Southampton at Home

Chelsea or Leeds Away 

Forest or Man Utd Away

Wolves or Brighton Away

Man City Home

Liverpool or Southampton Away

Man City Away

21 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

I don’t subscribe to the ‘it doesn’t matter who we get we have to beat the big teams at some point’ theory. Sod that, give us an easy passage now whilst we are playing shit and then maybe we can spring a surprise later on when we are more likely to get a big team

Agreed. Coventry or their opponent whos name escapes me at St. James' Park would be great at this point. 

In all honesty, give us Man City or Liverpool at home in the next round. If we are going to win it, we will ultimately have to beat one of those two and we'd need home advantage to do it as they'll tear us a new one at Wembley.

At this point I'd be delighted if we got a home draw and it wasn't Man City.

I'd give us a punchers chance against any Man Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool at home, but to draw any of them away would honestly geel like a lost cause for me right now.

Edited by geordiesteve710

2 hours ago, Phil said:

In all honesty, give us Man City or Liverpool at home in the next round. If we are going to win it, we will ultimately have to beat one of those two and we'd need home advantage to do it as they'll tear us a new one at Wembley.

That's what I thought. Home advantage better than no advantage in the final 

Just want anyone at home. Personally, I wouldn’t mind Liverpool at home. One of the stronger sides left in, and probably the next couple of weeks will be best time to play them. Rather have them at home in QF then in April at Wembley or even the final. 

Going to likely need to beat one of Liverpool/Man City to win it (hopefully not both), so get it now whilst the odds are not so heavily weighted against us.

1 minute ago, Orphanage said:

Think we are unable at the moment to beat any other team left in whether its at home or away . Seasons effectively over 

What

4 hours ago, mouldy_uk said:

I don’t subscribe to the ‘it doesn’t matter who we get we have to beat the big teams at some point’ theory. Sod that, give us an easy passage now whilst we are playing shit and then maybe we can spring a surprise later on when we are more likely to get a big team

Exactly. 

Sunderland, Fulham & Blackburn away, or City away in the Third Round with a 95% chance of losing and the run ending before it starts?

Have as easy a run as possible, let the big clubs take each other out or hope for the odd upset along the way.

Coventry (h) is exactly what we need both in and out of the cup. We are capable of beating Wolves at home and drawing or beating Chelsea away. If we come out of those two games with 4 points then have Coventry (h) we have the opportunity to restore some faith and belief in ourselves both on the pitch and in the stands and ideally comfortably toss aside Coventry and reinstall some of that confidence and assertiveness that we seem to be lacking.

Can understand calls for Man City, Liverpool, etc. But fuck it. I'd rather have one to beat in a one off game at Wembley than 2 or 3 en route. We can worry about beating the best to get there when we're winning a domestic cup more often than every 69 years.

Edited by Heron

2 hours ago, Sibierski said:

Just want anyone at home. Personally, I wouldn’t mind Liverpool at home. One of the stronger sides left in, and probably the next couple of weeks will be best time to play them. Rather have them at home in QF then in April at Wembley or even the final. 

Going to likely need to beat one of Liverpool/Man City to win it (hopefully not both), so get it now whilst the odds are not so heavily weighted against us.

Getting one of them in the QF increases the chances of playing both - it doesn’t decrease it.  You’d want them to play each other

Coventry (H) for me, thanks