FA Cup Quarter-Final Draw - Manchester City (a) - Live on BBC One

To be fair we've not been in the champions league in years. We were always going to get a tough draw in that.

The fa cup we have played teams below us or in the league below. We are in the last 8 so you'd expect the chances of playing a top team is high

The league cup we had a piss easy route to the final last season so no surprise we got a few big guns this year

Edited by jack j

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

To be fair we've not been in the champions league in years. We were always going to get a tough draw in that.

The fa cup we have played teams below us or in the league below. We are in the last 8 so you'd expect the chances of playing a top team is high

The league cup we had a piss easy route to the final last season so no surprise we got a few big guns this year

Was a lot harder than Man Utd’s run iirc.

We still played 3 (?) Premier League sides.

5 minutes ago, Sima said:

Was a lot harder than Man Utd’s run iirc.

We still played 3 (?) Premier League sides.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Palace, Bournemouth, Leicester and Southampton I think?

Yep. Four premier league teams in five rounds and were calling that easy, perhaps is by this season's standards

Edited by Jonas

Wonder if these draws are unprecedented in their shitness.

Man United got Man City away followed by Liverpool away one year in R3 and R4 - but the other cup draws were piss easy (League Cup: 3rd tier Leeds, 4th tier Aldershot, championship Crystal Palace and in the CL Benfica, Basel and Galati)

In 2000 we were gifted Tranmere in the QF. We've paid for it ever since...

The last time we got to the QF we drew City also.

Time before that was Chelsea away, en route to their second straight PL title.

Time before that was Spurs.

Time before that was Arsenal en route to a double.

And yes, when you get to the last 8 your odds of facing a good team obviously increase. But other than Spurs, who were kind of middling then, we've gotten just about the worst draw imaginable in four of the last five. 

I've always reckoned the league fixtures were fixed, I'm now thinking the cup draws might be too.

-OR-

All football is predetermined for storyline purposes.

11 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

In 2000 we were gifted Tranmere in the QF. We've paid for it ever since...

The last time we got to the QF we drew City also.

Time before that was Chelsea away, en route to their second straight PL title.

Time before that was Spurs.

Time before that was Arsenal en route to a double.

Tranmere wasn't even that lucky, it was away and there was four or five easier draws, they got to the final of the league cup that year and had beaten three PL teams at home already, they were one of three Championship teams plus a league one or two team - which obviously Chelsea got at home.

Edited by Jonas

I can, to an extent, live with the fact we've been drawn against them - when you get this far it becomes increasingly likely. It's just the it's fucking away a-fucking-gain. So frustrating. There were 14 possible draws for us and we've come out with the second worst. 

That's obviously it as well, like. Not a chance we're getting through that.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I can, to an extent, live with the fact we've been drawn against them - when you get this far it becomes increasingly likely. It's just the it's fucking away a-fucking-gain. So frustrating. There were 14 possible draws for us and we've come out with the second worst. 

We’re playing better away so there’s that

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Second worst?

Just now, Gawalls said:

I just find it funny how many city and Liverpool always avoid each other letting them potentially meeting in the final.

We had to ruin the league cup final by beating man city, what a pack of cunts we are