Longstaff: 6

Bruno: 8.5

Willock: 7.5

Murphy: 6

Isak: 7

Gordon: 7

Livramento: 8

11 hours ago, Displayname said:

Sure our two first goals were a little bit fortunate. But we still controlled the game and didnt let them get to many chances, while being dangerous on the counter ourselves. Easily deserved win.

1st 1 slightly, but they did hat we have done too often recently got caught on the break and didn't track, we earnt that luck. 

2nd wasn't lucky really, Murphy put in a perfect ball really that caused confusion and Gordon followed it up and benefited, good play all round on out part.

Edited by M1tche

Wasn’t impressed first live sighting of who everyone was raving about pre-match. Neto? If anyone caught the eye it was their LB number 3. Although even he was done for the 3rd goal. Have praised O’Neil at Bournemouth and his time at Wolves but was very disappointed in them today. Just what we needed to get back on track at SJP.

3 hours ago, jack j said:

On the subject of dark arts

Wolves were the total opposite. Never seen a nicer team up here all season. Trippier knocked it out cos he was injured. They gave it back to dubravka then trippier decided he needed subbed so dubravka hoyed it out and they give us the ball back again!!

Fuck that

The first time I understood why they gave the ball back, was absolutely shocked they did it the second time 

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

The first time I understood why they gave the ball back, was absolutely shocked they did it the second time 

Commentator on Peacock in the US said something like "Newcastle won't get that second time". Then they did.

8 hours ago, M1tche said:

1st 1 slightly, but they did hat we have done too often recently got caught on the break and didn't track, we earnt that luck. 

2nd was lucky really, Murphy put in a perfect ball really that caused confusion and Gordon followed it up and benefited, go play all round on out part.

See I don't think the 2nd was was lucky at all, won the ball back, swift and direct build up play getting it forward quickly and then probably the most difficult type of cross to defend caused chaos. 

Murphy gets a lot of flack, but he's one of the only players who thinks get the ball in as early as possible, most wait for an overlap, hesitate or check their run

34 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

That's 5 wins out of 5 league games I've attended and 4 clean sheets.

Let us all know when you next have tickets so we can scramble for some too.

17 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

See I don't think the 2nd was was lucky at all, won the ball back, swift and direct build up play getting it forward quickly and then probably the most difficult type of cross to defend caused chaos. 

Murphy gets a lot of flack, but he's one of the only players who thinks get the ball in as early as possible, most wait for an overlap, hesitate or check their run

That a typo on my part, was meant to say it wasn't lucky for the 2nd goal

11 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The sort of result we'd be getting if we'd even just had 4-5 out all season imo. Wasn't vintage but we were very good, had quality off the bench just to give us a second window at around 70 minutes which we've missed since about October. Top 6 is possible, top 7 very possible, roll on next season with a few more quality additions and Tonali.

I was thinking this last night, if you look at the respective run ins, I think 6th is ours to lose, top 5 probably just out of reach now.

46 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

So what you're saying is its your fault when we lose, because you didn't attend? Bastard! 🤣

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Top 5’s definitely gone. We’d need one of Spurs or Villa to collapse on a huge level, e.g. losing four games on a run at least 

It's not going to happen, but Villa have a really hard run in:

Tottenham (h)

West Ham (a)

Wolves (h)

Man City (a)

Brentford (h)

Arsenal (a)

Bournemouth (h)

Chelsea (h)

Brighton (a)

Liverpool (h)

Palace (a)

They also have European football in between them games. 

Edited by 54

1 minute ago, 54 said:

It's not going to happen, but Villa have a really hard run in:

Tottenham (h)

West Ham (a)

Wolves (h)

Man City (a)

Brentford (h)

Arsenal (a)

Bournemouth (h)

Chelsea (h)

Brighton (a)

Liverpool (h)

Palace (a)

Interesting, I reckon they could struggle in, would predict the following:

Spurs (h) - draw due to nerviness from both teams

West H (a)

Man City (a) - loss

Arsenal (a) - loss

Brighton (a) - draw at best

Liverpool (h) - draw at best

27 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Let us all know when you next have tickets so we can scramble for some too.

I was going to say so we could all lump on... 

1 hour ago, El Prontonise said:

I wanna go to a game with you neesy.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 7th would be a great achievement. I'm reluctant to thinking we've turned a corner after what happened post Villa.

Edited by STM

9 hours ago, LFEE said:

Wasn’t impressed first live sighting of who everyone was raving about pre-match. Neto? If anyone caught the eye it was their LB number 3. Although even he was done for the 3rd goal. Have praised O’Neil at Bournemouth and his time at Wolves but was very disappointed in them today. Just what we needed to get back on track at SJP.

Ait Nouri? He is very good going forward.