Newcastle United vs. Everton: 2/4/24 @ 19:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, andycap said:

Makes no sense to me like put young alfie harrison on instead of Gillespie. 

It's daft like. If he's making a point, who is it to? Just get the lad on the bench and give him a boost. He joined here to be closer to the 1st team, yet can't get on the bench for a 2nd keeper with 12 players out. 

9 minutes ago, christ said:

In fairness that’s three quarters of the back four hauled us out of trouble season before last.

While that is true, Burn is not in the position he has trained in for 18+ months and Hall is a bit of a wildcard. Not to mention the midfield 3 in front of them is not capable of our ideal physical output to cover.. I just get the feeling there will be a lack of cohesion tonight.

Edited by Nine

Halls time to shine, MOTM performance for him tonight, hopefully Krafth getting hauled off at the weekend focuses him for today. Just hope we can do the business early on because I'm pretty sure that bench is in violation of the Geneva convention.

Everton aren't a good side mind we should still be beating these cloggers. They struggle to score goals so if we can let at most just one in we should win. 

7 minutes ago, andycap said:

Yea I really dont get the putting 2 keepers on the bench thing, Howe seems to do it alot, stick a young un on the bench. There must be someone we can stick on the bench even if its just to give them a confidence boost.

10 minutes ago, andycap said:

It's daft like, he's not made of tissue paper.

It sends out the wrong message to the u21 players by basically telling them there's not a way to the first team even though we have over 10 missing players. 

Pope, Trippier, Lascelles, Botman, Tino, Tonali, Joelinton, Miley, Gordon, Miggy, Wilson

Unavailable team wins 3-1 vs. tonight's team

Edited by timeEd32

Just now, timeEd32 said:

Pope, Trippier, Lascelles, Botman, Tino, Tonali, Joelinton, Miley, Gordon, Miggy, Wilson

Unavailable team wins 3-1 vs. tonight's team

Frightening, encourgaging and frustrating in equal measure.  What could have been with just half the injuries we've had, which would still be ridiculous.

26 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Didnt that injury start against this lot with a bad challenge? 

Tarkowski in the box, wasn’t it? Horrific challenge and probably a red. No foul :lol: 

Might keep an eye on Onana given there's a split in the fanbase as to whether he's actually a footballer or just a water carrier.

17 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Despite injuries team looks fairly well balanced. Still think this may be a tough ask tonight 

Came to post this. I might be massively wrong here and at first glance it looks worrying but there’s potential good balance to that side. 

Huge games for Hall and Anderson. 

12 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

All I ask for is a win, and for Longstaff to not drop a stinker. 

Not even the bookies would offer odds on Longtaff having a stinker.

But hey maybe he won't, think positive and all that! 🤣