Fulham vs. Newcastle United: 6/4/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Would seem a shame to shift Gordon wide right, but can't think of any other way to get him and Barnes in the team. 

Moving one of your best performing players to another position should be a big no.

20 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Would seem a shame to shift Gordon wide right, but can't think of any other way to get him and Barnes in the team. 

Moving one of your best performing players to another position should be a big no.

I quite like the idea, i think Gordon will probably drift across both sides but less cutting in for the shot and more early crosses can't be a bad thing.

2 hours ago, ChrisJbarnes said:

Can anyone going to the game confirm whether these are e tickets or paper? I've got someone offering to sell me one and transfer by email 

Just mailed you.

Gordon was just as effective on the right when I saw him for Everton. I don't like both wingers being inverted, Murphy has shown the benefits of having a natural footer on one side, hitting in-swinging crosses. It's too predicable when players are cutting in on both flanks, but Gordon can still mix it up and drift across at times. Despite how great he's been this season, I can't help but feel that ultimately Barnes will always be more effective cutting in to score from that side. 

I do think teams are getting too obsessed with over-playing and coming inside all the time. A first-time cross in the final third is still as dangerous now as it was twenty years ago if you have a good striker in the middle. Defenders have it easier these days because it's all in front of them and they can get organised because players take so many touches. 

Would love to see us go for it from the start. They've been leaky defensively and I feel we could really capitalise if we score early. 

Ideally, we'd see Gordon, Barnes, Anderson, and Willock from the start imo. I think he'll want to be extra careful with Barnes having done a full 90 so likely Gordon/Murphy. Similar with Anderson doing decent minutes, so probably Willock/Longstaff anchored by Bruno.

5 hours ago, frankpingel said:

Quick look at Fulham's injury list, not a single injury. They're favourites, given our injuries and away form I'd say that's fair.

not a single injury - what a dream that must be

47 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

not a single injury - what a dream that must be

That was us last season bar Wilson and Targett.

You can't predict any of our games these days but you'd fancy Fulham to score anyway. I think we'll be relying on outscoring the opposition for the run-in, at least until we start getting players back from late April onwards. 

23 minutes ago, jack j said:

Karius

Murphy Schar Burn Hall

Willock Bruno Anderson

Gordon Isak Barnes

That’s a team that should be smashing Fulham TBH. Especially the front 3 of course. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

21 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

We can win this (we can lose it too mind)

I’ll go for a win with Gordon  back in the team :indi:

That's with loads of injuries.

Second bottom in conceded, so who knows where we could/should be in league.

Defense needs some serious work this summer. 

36 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Is Krafth injured? Also has Howe started Gordon on the right at all this season?

Nah, neither are dubravka or longstaff. That's just what I'd like to see with what we've got available. I'd imagine Anderson and one of Willock/Barnes will be benched though.