Fulham vs. Newcastle United: 6/4/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Strange game, with both sides a bit indifferent at the moment. 

With Isak, Gordon and Barnes in decent nick, we always have a chance, but as ever you just know we'll give them opportunities. Can't predict this one.

Edited by The Prophet

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Strange game, with both sides s bit indifferent at the moment. 

With Isak, Gordon and Barnes in decent nick, we always have a chance, but as ever you just know we'll give them opportunities. Can't predict this one.

Yeap, I wouldn't be surprised if either team won convincingly.  I'm expecting a response from them as they were diabolical mid-week apparently.

23 hours ago, BermyToon said:

I'd be happy with a draw (and no additional injuries) for this one.

A draw would have been acceptable if we'd won on Wednesday. There's too many teams like Brighton, Chelsea and West Ham hovering around us for us to take our foot off the gas now. We have to beat the weaker teams, we failed against Everton, but can make up for it tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

A draw would have been acceptable if we'd won on Wednesday. There's too many teams like Brighton, Chelsea and West Ham hovering around us for us to take our foot off the gas now. We have to beat the weaker teams, we failed against Everton, but can make up for it tomorrow.

Agreed. There are about six teams, including us, vying for the 7th position (Europa Conference League?). May make it harder in the transfer market if we're not in Europe next season. 

25 minutes ago, TRon said:

Has our foot been on the gas?  It's been on the treatment table and down the bookies 

3 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Has our foot been on the gas?  It's been on the treatment table and down the bookies 

Well it needs to go on the gas now. The introduction of Elliott and Hall has given us something of a lift, we need to give them their head and run with it. We might get nothing from the games against Chelsea and Spurs so we really have to win the games against lesser teams.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Well it needs to go on the gas now. The introduction of Elliott and Hall has given us something of a lift, we need to give them their head and run with it. We might get nothing from the games against Chelsea and Spurs so we really have to win the games against lesser teams.

Fuck, bad enough playing Man City 4 times a season, now we have Chelsea 3 times :iamatwat:

Edited by madras

Pope

Trippier  Lascelles  Botman  Targett

Miley   Tonali   Big Jo

Miggy                               Tino

Wilson

Pretty solid line-up. Wish some of them were fit.

Edited by Checko

Abra Dubravka 

Krafth Mac & Cheese

Fabi

Burnaldinho

Fitz’s cousin

J. Wilii 

Kinder Bruno

Ando

Memes

Alex Ikea

El Gordo

We’re having their lives, 3-1. Isak, Gordy and Schar.

Edited by Joelinton7

1 hour ago, madras said:

Fuck, bad enough playing Man City 4 times a season, now we have Chelsea 3 times :iamatwat:

I'm getting them mixed up with Man U. I know there is one cartel club we have to play that have been relatively shite for a couple of seasons, but still would have a more than evens chance of beating a depleted Newcastle.

Seen far too many awful away performances this season to be confident about this one , a draw won't be the worst result considering the injuries we have.

22 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Full squad for them to choose from by the looks of it :lol:

Screenshot_20240405-095722.png

Staggering that. Literally a full 1-11 line up injured. Starters with (s)

Pope (s)

Trippier (s)

Lascelles

Botman (s)

Targett

Almiron

Tonali (s)

Miley

Joelinton (s)

Wilson

57 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Seen far too many awful away performances this season to be confident about this one , a draw won't be the worst result considering the injuries we have.

If we beat Everton. I would have been happy with a draw. Feels like we need a win now, though. Not that I’m confident of getting one. 

31 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Got a feeling a fresh Gordon will do wonders for us today, 3-1 win. 

I think the same.  A comfortable 1-3 win.

We’ve taken 20 points from last 8 games/24 points against Fulham. They’ve recently beaten Spurs and Brighton (both 3-0) at home. 
It’ll be tough, but fancy us to nick it. We’ve forwards available to score goals but will need, I think, Anderson or Longstaff to play well alongside Bruno to have the best chance. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny