Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 13/4/24 @ 12:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I don't know why but I've been fearing this game for a while 

something about them getting us back for last season 

am never confident when I see our bench 

I suppose they did lose 3-0 at Fulham a few weeks ago so you never know with Spurs 

Just now, Ginola14 said:

I don't know why but I've been fearing this game for a while 

something about them getting us back for last season 

am never confident when I see our bench 

I suppose they did lose 3-0 at Fulham a few weeks ago so you never know with Spurs 

They already smashed us earlier in this season.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

They already smashed us earlier in this season.

true hopefully we get them back but I'm sure they'll still have that 6-1 in their minds and wanting to make more amends 

This game is why we needed the three points against Fulham. I'd fancy us against them with a decent bench but we are probably a month away from that. Can't see us getting a win even if it is at home, would be happy if we get anything tbh.

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

This could be a ludicrously high scoring game.

Portsmouth 7-4 Reading is the one to beat.

we’re actually joint second in the highest scoring game rankings, losing 7-3 to Arsenal. Spurs have 2 10 goal premier league games, both wins

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Can see us sitting deeper in this one and countering, at least I hope so.

I can’t see you doing anything else tbh. It’s quite obviously the way to play against us.

5 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I can’t see you doing anything else tbh. It’s quite obviously the way to play against us.

It's not a natural way for us. The only times we've really done it V Man City and Arsenal Im not even sure it was the plan, more that we just couldn't get the ball and they pushed us back there. PSG maybe ?

2 minutes ago, madras said:

It's not a natural way for us. The only times we've really done it V Man City and Arsenal Im not even sure it was the plan, more that we just couldn't get the ball and they pushed us back there. PSG maybe ?

I think I mentioned somewhere else: I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen in the game. Could be any score. Can’t see either team keeping a clean sheet unless we have one of those games where we can’t hit a barn door.

It’s weird but with international breaks and games postponed because of other Cups we’ve had such a stop-start few weeks. After we play you I think we have two weeks off before Arsenal which in theory might be good but we’ve not been able to get into any kind of rhythm. We have the ability to tear anyone apart in short bursts but apart from the Villa match haven’t really managed sustained good play since…we played you.

Also the only time we’ve been awarded a penalty all season was that game, which is slightly bonkers.

It's all on Bruno and the front three for the rest of the season. A Desmond wouldn't be a bad result in this one. Pity Maddison chose them over us, he makes Longstaff look like a pub team player.

14 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I think I mentioned somewhere else: I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen in the game. Could be any score. Can’t see either team keeping a clean sheet unless we have one of those games where we can’t hit a barn door.

It’s weird but with international breaks and games postponed because of other Cups we’ve had such a stop-start few weeks. After we play you I think we have two weeks off before Arsenal which in theory might be good but we’ve not been able to get into any kind of rhythm. We have the ability to tear anyone apart in short bursts but apart from the Villa match haven’t really managed sustained good play since…we played you.

Also the only time we’ve been awarded a penalty all season was that game, which is slightly bonkers.

I just wish it was Sheff Utd this weekend and your lot a few weeks later maybe with Trippier and Tino back, Barnes a week or two further on so he could last longer. I'm not even asking for our best XI and squad.... is that too much to ask ? Who am I kidding,  in two or three weeks Dummett will be in goal and we'll have a team of under 16's and Bruno.

I don’t like how we match up at all. Assuming Willock is out or still playing crocked. We have even less pace than usual in the middle and the back 4 is slow at the best of times. Only pace we have will be up top again. 

Play an open game and we’ll get battered. Something similar to Wolves where we commit men on the counter might suit here. 

Anderson deserves a start regardless of Willock’s fitness. Barnes the same. 

I know Howe seems to like options off the bench and he’s probably being cautious with both of them after injury. But a week between Fulham and Spurs and then no game for 11 days or whatever it is after that. Need our strongest 11 from the off here.