Crystal Palace 2-0 Newcastle United (24/04/24) | Reaction: pg 34

Yorkie

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Aye he probably is.

I just think we'll remsin inconsistent while we have the likes of Dubravka, Krafth, Burn, Longstaff and Murphy out there. 

Absolutely, unfortunately the majority you mention have all been given new contracts relatively recently. Due to FFP I expect we still see a lot of Burn, Longstaff and Murphy next season.

Would it hurt us that much to start white in place of longy? Could add legs and energy to our midfield three. Instead of playing hop along cassidy. 

1 minute ago, Holloway said:

I wasn't on about you

Yeah I get that, but many will criticise that particular display.

I guess you've spotted the fraud accounts in action. The admin and mods wanted it this way, a more active forum, and everyone unbanned and back in full flow. [emoji38] there's always ignore button?

1 minute ago, andycap said:

I think if tino and hall started at fullback we win this game. Bit of technical ability to progress the ball and get our three up top into the game. 

Would have won a few games if they played.

If Hall wasn’t ready, then why the fuck have we went out of the way to bring him in with money that we don’t have when he’s hardly played?

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Absolutely, unfortunately the majority you mention have all been given new contracts relatively recently. Due to FFP I expect we still see a lot of Burn, Longstaff and Murphy next season.

I think Murphy might be pushed to the fringes. Longstaff and Burn will probably see decent minutes, especially if we're in Europe.

Edited by The Prophet

Felt we missed Trippier's experience tonight. The ball outlet from Kraft and Murphy put us under massive pressure everytime.

13 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

MOTM for us? Is there really one?

Bruno, comfortably. Pulled the strings when we had the ball, but everyone else was nowhere near it going forward.

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Nah. Not yet. Another 10 points from 15 and passports needed next year. 

I meant in terms of the game, I’m with you on Europe.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I think Murphy might be pushed to the fringes. Longstaff and Burn will probably see decent minutes, esoexidlly if we're in Europe.

Not think Burn will be our starting left back next season ?

6 minutes ago, JoeyBartoon said:

Should just play to our strengths, we’ve got a 150m front line who were starved for about 75 mins. Poor from Eddie 

The front three aren't the problem, it's the championship level players in other areas which cause the bad football. Palace actually had a higher quantity of decent footballers out there, shouldn't really be that surprised they dominated.

Kraft and Murphy pinned back and not technically competent enough to play out of pressure. Causing midfield to be overran and no support for attackers. Livramento/Hall should have started - this ones on Howe.

They pressed the life out of us. Defence was not capable of getting the ball out of our half, very slow passing and turning.

Their front line looked dangerous every time they had the ball.

Their full backs werenso aggressive (clyne and muñoz).

They played better and we had no response

Edited by buzza

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not think Burn will be our starting left back next season ?

Perhaps to begin with, but I think if we sign Kelly he'll quickly overtake him. Sinilar attributes, but better.

Well that was horrific, CP actually reminded me of us last season. The high press in unison and blowing opposition away with the speed of transitions. Our passing was so profligate at times.

It is not a thought I'm comfortable with but I do sometimes wonder about Eddie's ability to change a game's dynamics with tactical nous.

Oh! And Burn and Longstaff are NOT the level we are looking for, especially annoying as they are both homegrown locals.

Edited by Irish Magpie
spelling

Just now, The Prophet said:

Rather not see him on the bench at all then. Just bring the kids on instead of having to risk Livramento in case of emergency.

3 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Rather not see him on the bench at all then. Just bring the kids on instead of having to risk Livramento in case of emergency.

All seems rather unimportant, other than explaining why he didn't come on.