Newcastle United vs. Sheffield United: 27/4/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

I just want a win. Any old win will do today. Points on the board are all that matter now. We can concentrate on good performances in pre season and next season. 

Obviously I'd love to see us batter these to give us some confidence going into the last 4.

Edited by Scoot

10 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I just want a win. Any old win will do today. Points on the board are all that matter now. We can concentrate on good performances in pre season and next season. 

Obviously I'd love to see us batter these to give us some confidence going into the last 4.

I’m hoping for a reaction to Wednesday. “Ramming speed” [emoji38] 

But yeah I’ll take a win. 

Really want to see Isak get his first hattrick for us, he deserves it after the 2nd half of this season, but I'll take a 1-0 going in off Dan Burns arse to get back on track.

2 minutes ago, FCB said:

Dubrakva

Hall Burn Schär Tino

Bruno Longstaff Anderson

Barnes Isak Gordon

Or similar, surely

Do you know your left and right?

2 hours ago, Jack27 said:

Did you watch Murphy in the last game?

Obviously didn't, as no-one with any football iq would choose to start him after his disgraceful performance against Palace.

Hopefully EH has the sense not to start him....an U18 player couldn't have done worse than Murphy the other night

2 hours ago, jackyboy said:

I'm not convinced that we'll batter them. They have taken a few good teams to the wire recently so I'd be happy with a win without anxiety 

This is going to be nasty and scrappy....Sheff U are fighting for lives and our lot are so unpredictable. 

Can see it being soo dull with few chances either way. Should just nick it if Bruno, Gordon and Isak actually show up and decide to take a shot rather than always looking for the extra pass

Sheffield United are done as far as staying up is concerned.  They've got zero chance.  They've got 3 wins all season. They'd need to win 4 in a row and hope that Forrest get no more than a single point.  They may already be playing as a relegated team now.  But wether that means they'll collapse completely or play with a bit more freedom is anyone's guess.

Edited by Teasy

3 minutes ago, Teasy said:

Sheffield United are done as far as staying up is concerned.  They've got zero chance.  They'd need to win 4 in a row and hope that Forrest get no more than a single point.  They may already be playing as a relegated team now.  But wether that means they'll collapse completely or play with a bit more freedom is anyone's guess.

Like a tree being felled, just waiting for that last swing of the axe!