Tosin Adarabioyo: set to sign at expiry of Fulham contract (Various)

Jack27

1 minute ago, Fatwax said:

Because it could be from an unforced situation where they were caught off guard. The top defenders rarely do this. They’ll have a bad day at the office once in a blue moon because they’re still human, but it’s a different thing to just switching off at a crucial time.

Boumsong was almost the complete defender but we were always expecting one stupid comedy error that was completely unneeded and unforced most of the time. Same with David James actually between the sticks.

Boumsong was nowhere near physical enough for the PL. 

5 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Absolutely outrageous putting Colo alongside those two clowns

You really think he was a bastion of concentration? 

Great signing if we manage this.  Been keen on him for quite a while.  But I just assumed he would go to Liverpool or Spurs once it seemed like they were interested.  

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Fatwax said:

Because it could be from an unforced situation where they were caught off guard. The top defenders rarely do this. They’ll have a bad day at the office once in a blue moon because they’re still human, but it’s a different thing to just switching off at a crucial time.

Boumsong was almost the complete defender but we were always expecting one stupid comedy error that was completely unneeded and unforced most of the time. Same with David James actually between the sticks.

David de Gea could go from being the best shot stopper in the world for a while, into a period of making a series of embarassing mistakes.

Edited by Erikse

8 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Boumsong was nowhere near physical enough for the PL. 

I had more strength in my piss than Boum.

Aye just watched some clips of Boumsong. Probably not the best example 😂

Bramble would probably fit into it. I remember him having the attributes. Everything but a brain.

Probably better than Lascelles and has a bit pace/youth about him so for nowt bar agents fees and that you can’t really complain too much.

17 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I'm also not sure I've ever heard it used to describe a white player. Gives off the same vibes as black NFL QB has trouble processing fast enough.

I was going to mention that but I didn't want to get into the debate :lol:

This is the ideal signing tbh, especially given the PSR situation. If it comes off it just shows how good our team is these days without Garden Man Dan.

20 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I'm also not sure I've ever heard it used to describe a white player. Gives off the same vibes as black NFL QB has trouble processing fast enough.

Steven Taylor?

13 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

See the latest page of the Longstaff thread, though I get your point.

4 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Steven Taylor?

Maybe but I don't really remember that being a common criticism. He just wasn't very good so his normal performance was an adventure in defending.

This is the problem with trying to define 'poor concentration'. We've now strayed in to just listing all our mediocre-to-shit defenders where regular mistakes were a given, rather than generally quality defenders who have lapses. :lol:

Posted (edited)

So much about being a good defender is about the mental side of the game and just being switched on and alert to danger all the time.

An attacking player can mess up numerous times but do one really good thing that makes a goal and they've had an effective game.

A defensive player can do really good things all game but mess up once and they're Titus Bramble.

Labelling any mistake as a lapse in concentration, instead of, say, lack of awareness or decision making can be unhelpful, which is kind of timeEd32's point I guess.

Take Isak's first goal vs spuds - from the moment Bruno wellies it upfield and for the whole pasage of play Isak's on Romero's blindside. Romero doesn't once look round and doesn't notice Isak until he's committed & Gordon plays him through. Is that poor concentration, poor awareness, poor decision making?

Basically, he's a good defender until he's not, like all defenders. The question is, how often is the not?

Edited by Checko

RB: Trips, Livramento

RCB: Schar, Tosin (Lascelles injured)

LCB: Burn, Kelly (Botman injured)

LB: Hall, Targett

I'm just assuming Dummett leaves us and Targett is not sold for a moment. There are some unique combinations that could be played here. 

24 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Assuming we get Tosin and Kelly it’d be interesting to see how much outlay we have for RW and striker. 

Hang on, just need to check with Liverpool, Spurs and Man U.

If we're able to get Tosin and Kelly then I would be very into the idea of finding somewhere to send Targett on a subsidized loan with a buy clause. There has to be some creative way to offload him.

Bramble had all the tools quick strong and great in the air could hit a raking pass aswell but just switched off far to much. Wasn't as evident when he was alongside woody. He probably was shouting non stop instructions to Titus. 😂 

Also worth mentioning, we can't even sign a pre-contract with him until the beginning of June, right? Though I guess he could informally agree first.

If we're using FM Rules. Concentration is the level of consistency a player has within 90 minutes of football to perform at their best mentally - Decision making, positioning, team instructions, etc.