Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

35 minutes ago, dcmk said:

I like the idea of looking at these signings.

Only concern is offering a salary which is above and beyond what he's worth. 

If it turns sour we are stuck with a player we can't shift.  

He will probably get slightly above what he otherwise would have had we paid a fee for him, and it will still probably double his current salary.

What does "turning sour" look like? He's a good CB at present and I can't see a scenario where he gets worse.

33 minutes ago, dcmk said:

I like the idea of looking at these signings.

Only concern is offering a salary which is above and beyond what he's worth. 

If it turns sour we are stuck with a player we can't shift.  

Under Ashley we tried to score the odd "deal" by signing an out of contract player on inflated wages (Gosling, Fraser and Hendrick) but I don't see it with the new lot. I'm sure our offer will be competitive but it wouldn't surprise me if it isn't the most attractive base salary.  Joining Newcastle is genuinely attractive on footballing merits these days. A lot of credit for that goes to Howe and his track record of improving players. I think ambitious players will look at Gordon this season and what he has achieved with Howe and the west's coaching and that will turn heads.

Nothing to substantiate this really, but equally people saying we're paying silly wages never do either.

52 minutes ago, NSG said:

Tough to move someone on who is out for 9 months with an ACL like 

He signed a one year contract extension I recall so by the time he recovers his contract will nearly be up. Unlikely to be further extended as too risky. He’ll be let go but if he hasn’t fully recovered the club will likely still provide medical/physio support.

Chuffed with both these lads coming in. Finally getting some depth to the squad, although frankly if Eddie can improve Tosin in the same way he has with others there's every chance we end the season with him and Botman as our CB pairing. As good as Schar is on the ball we have been desperate for some recovery pace at CB for a long time. 

Think Kelly is a solid PL player but likely mainly been brought in for depth.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, STM said:

He will probably get slightly above what he otherwise would have had we paid a fee for him, and it will still probably double his current salary.

What does "turning sour" look like? He's a good CB at present and I can't see a scenario where he gets worse.

Exactly.

Tosin is on around £40,000 a week from the information out there.

These are the best free transfers. Very good players that are not at big clubs and who are still on lesser contracts that are running down.

He is probably going to get around £100,000 a week as a free agent. This is still exceptional value and not the type of contract that ever becomes a problem.

Mid to lower clubs can now afford these type of salaries. 

Mitrovic was on around £120,000 a week at Fulham. Zaha was on around £130,000 a week at Palace. And these were contracts they signed a good few years ago now.

Having seen the performances Howe has got out of Schar, Lascelles and Burn, I cannot see it not working out for Tosin. From a talent stand point he is ahead of all three of them.

Edited by KaKa

3 hours ago, Abacus said:

Outfield yes, but I'm wondering about a keeper. A young one maybe, one to be 3rd choice, given Karius is off.

Suspect Dubravka will be off too tbh. Think his agent has been hawking him around since January. Can see us going for someone not terrified to come off his line to compliment Pope in case of injury/rest in Europa Conference etc

Will be quite happy with him and Kelly, especially with them being free transfers, good players who will add depth and definitely better than having to bring Dummett on or play Krafth as CB.

Think people who are thinking Tosin will be mainly backup are doing him a disservice. He’s very much good enough to be a regular starter for us.

He’s a right sided centre back? Does that mean Schär moves over, or are we gonna have the tallest CB pairing of all time with him and Burn?

Given the injuries, I see Kelly as more of a backup if we are in for him. I’m surprised we’re in for him at all to be honest given the problems we’ve had. No doubt he’s a good player but boots on the ground n all that.

Agree Tosin would likely be an immediate starter, well once Howe bloods him in.

If Botman comes back like the player we knew before, then there’s going to be some selection problems.

Are ACL’s as bad as they once were?

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think people who are thinking Tosin will be mainly backup are doing him a disservice. He’s very much good enough to be a regular starter for us.

Agreed don't think he signs to be 3rd choice or emergency backup as you would think that's one of the factors that allow us to potentially beat off competition. 

No botman until at least Xmas and we have been so lucky schar has managed most of the season injury free or play through knocks. If we get into Europe will allow plus to offer more game time due to rotation. 

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

He’s a right sided centre back? Does that mean Schär moves over, or are we gonna have the tallest CB pairing of all time with him and Burn?

Given the injuries, I see Kelly as more of a backup if we are in for him. I’m surprised we’re in for him at all to be honest given the problems we’ve had. No doubt he’s a good player but boots on the ground n all that.

Agree Tosin would likely be an immediate starter, well once Howe bloods him in.

If Botman comes back like the player we knew before, then there’s going to be some selection problems.

Are ACL’s as bad as they once were?

That’s how I see it. While Botman is out, Eddie will move Schar to the left and Tosin takes his position on the right. I think we’re looking at Burn starting on the left for the first game with Hall and Kelly on the bench 

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

That’s how I see it. While Botman is out, Eddie will move Schar to the left and Tosin takes his position on the right. I think we’re looking at Burn starting on the left for the first game with Hall and Kelly on the bench 

:dog:

12 hours ago, KaKa said:

Right wing is where we need a first team player more urgently.

Even if Wilson leaves any striker coming in will be the secondary option.

We have been linked recently with Tammy Abraham, who Roma are asking around £25 million for. That is the kind of deal and price we will be looking at for any option upfront I imagine.

And will Tammy want to come and sit on the bench?  He's also had a massive injury recently.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yup, Schar turns 33 this year.

Tosin longer term will partner Botman, once he's back to fitness and form, adding some much needed pace to the back line.

Similar sort of deal with the left back situation, where I see Kelly replacing Burn when we use the hybrid 3 centre back/left back role.

11 hours ago, KaKa said:

Exactly.

Tosin is on around £40,000 a week from the information out there.

These are the best free transfers. Very good players that are not at big clubs and who are still on lesser contracts that are running down.

He is probably going to get around £100,000 a week as a free agent. This is still exceptional value and not the type of contract that ever becomes a problem.

Mid to lower clubs can now afford these type of salaries. 

Mitrovic was on around £120,000 a week at Fulham. Zaha was on around £130,000 a week at Palace. And these were contracts they signed a good few years ago now.

Having seen the performances Howe has got out of Schar, Lascelles and Burn, I cannot see it not working out for Tosin. From a talent stand point he is ahead of all three of them.

If this is true - this is a heck of a lot.

I would expect around £70k or close to whatever Schar and Botman are. But not more unless he is coming to start.

The bad thing about free transfers is they can wreck the entire wage structure. This is one of Villa's bigger long-term issues. If Tielemans is on £150k, when it's time for McGinn & Kamara's renewal - they need £160k at a minimum. They start full strength, Tielemans does not.

The wages killed Leicester in the end.

-----

All of what i said is null and void if we execute a top strategy to increase the revenue.

Reckon Tosin and Botman will be out main CB pairing in a year or 2 for the foreseeable (on the basis Schar starts to age)

Or think we could recruit another in the near future? Only reason I ask is there was a few Diomande links, who looks like he'll go onto big things 

For as long as i've been following NUFC we've never had such a physically imposing 11. I like that a lot.

I liked Colo a lot. But i really didn't like how often he was beaten in the air. A CB shouldn't get mugged in the air often.

The game has evolved. But be strong, win your headers, make blocks etc. Make teams beat your with ability. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

And will Tammy want to come and sit on the bench?  He's also had a massive injury recently.

I think it would depend on how we sell it to Tammy. Last season both Isak and Wilson were playing and performing, and we didn't even have Europe then. If it's that sort of approach then I think it would work. I also am hoping we would then also see them paired together at times too.

Tammy had an ACL injury, but he's still young and hasn't really been a crock for most of his career. I think he'll be fine. Think Wilson has done his ACL 3 separate times in comparison.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If this is true - this is a heck of a lot.

I would expect around £70k or close to whatever Schar and Botman are. But not more unless he is coming to start.

The bad thing about free transfers is they can wreck the entire wage structure. This is one of Villa's bigger long-term issues. If Tielemans is on £150k, when it's time for McGinn & Kamara's renewal - they need £160k at a minimum. They start full strength, Tielemans does not.

The wages killed Leicester in the end.

-----

All of what i said is null and void if we execute a top strategy to increase the revenue.

I think Tosin is being brought in to be Botmans partner at CB, once Botman is back fit and firing.

£100,000 a week is fair value. I don't see that as wrecking the wage structure at all. Botman is on around that amount I believe.

Edited by KaKa