Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

1 minute ago, Checko said:

Could we at least be Sainsbury's in the analogy?

You will be Netto because that's what the PL cartel have deemed.

Posted (edited)

Disappointing as we clearly rated him but locality and wages have likely swayed his decision making. He didn’t want to come here at the end of the day and im sure there’s other options. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Bit tory that, Stif 😉

It’s not a term that I like to use, but it’s a term used to describe people in those roles.

Posted (edited)

As far as we know he may of preferred us but we where nowhere near on wages. So he may of factored in that less upheaval was best for his family unless we upped our package. 

Edited by andycap

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Some journos reporting we declined the opportunity to make an improved offer once Chelsea had come to the table.

Good- if he’s after negotiating and hasn’t bought into the project like Gordon and hall both did then he could have been trouble.

Both of them had to wait patiently but did and seemingly showed good attitudes so got rewarded with game time in the end. If after taking to us he is interested in Chelsea - just move on for me.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stifler said:

It’s not a term that I like to use, but it’s a term used to describe people in those roles.

Ah kna man 😂

Having said that I think those grafters who steer 30 trolleys back to the grid have some skills. I can barely navigate 1.

Also one of my 1st jobs was shelf stacking for Willie Lowes in Berwick. 

Had one of those guns for sticking price labels on and I thought I had skillz

Got peddled for nicking a tin of Quality Street. I was a bit miffed because they had zero evidence except the word of a grass. 🙈🙉🙊

As for Tosin, disappointed but what can you do? 

Edited by Groundhog63

Genuine question - after Chelsea sold two hotels from company a to to company b they both own, next season can they just sell them back from company b to company a?

22 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Some journos reporting we declined the opportunity to make an improved offer once Chelsea had come to the table.

Happy with that. We're no here to be used for money. We made a fair offer but were not willing to go over what we thought he was worth. Chelsea will always be that club which will pay over the odds, then cheat the system to cover it. The PL seem willing to allow that to happen, I'm sure it would be very different if we attempted something similar. 

2 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Beth loves comparing footballers to supermarket workers for some reason, did the same with Tonali. 

Is the female in her, familiar surroundings and all that

Gutted we missed out but if we offered him 100k per week that’s more than fair, in fact it’s pretty generous imo. 

Ultimately, it’s difficult to compete with clubs who lash 1b in such a short period of time when we are restricted due to stupid rules. 

6 hours ago, Stifler said:

Thing is though, he’s a footballer, not an unskilled worker.

He’s at a point where the increase in wages isn’t even felt because he earns so much, and he has the money to buy a new house, and time off during the summer and international breaks if he’s not called up to go back where he’s from.

Your analogy works better if he was offered the CEO position of each supermarket. With one it’s round the corner from him, a slightly better wage, but he doesn’t do anything. He’ll never be called up to supermarket CEO awards dinners, he’ll never get the chance to implement changes that would change retail etc.

The other job is further away, a little less in money, but he’ll be called up for CEO of the year if he does well and compliments those ideas he has etc.

Why am I even going to these lengths to correct this?

This is a very markish CEO.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

13 hours ago, McDog said:

Why question a player who honours his contract then signs a new one elsewhere when it expires? He did his part of the agreement.

The worst kind is that absolute cunt van dijk from the Scouse, going on strike and shit to force a move. 

The media have long forgotten such disgraceful behaviour because they love to wank off everyone who walks through that door 

When I used to work in Tesco, every time I couldn't get something to scan or dropped someone's change, every customer in the supermarket would turn to me and scream "YOU'RE SHIT! ABSOLUTELY SHIT! FUCK OFF BACK TO SAINSBURYS!" and eventually the manager would substitute one of the nine spare cashiers sat along the side of the store for me after about an hour, hour and ten minutes of my shift if I kept making these sort of mistakes.

Then, to make matters worse, after a long hard day of scanning people's shopping, mopping up spillages, stacking shelves and tidying up, I'd get home about half 10, flick the telly on, and three ex-Tesco employees would be sitting round a desk critically analysing my shift, including slow motion video clips. "You just can't afford to stack the cereal boxes the wrong way around at this level, that's what cost him today", which was always really demoralising. 

Things like that were what made me just jack in the retail game and become a Premier League footballer, I couldn't be arsed chasing the dream any longer.

15 hours ago, Beth said:

For all the ones slagging him off, lets look at this logically without wearing NUFC rose tinted glasses.

He has a choice of working for Asda for £10 an hour or Tesco for £15 an hour. Tesco is a couple of miles away whilst Asda is 250 miles from where he lives. He has no love for either company, however the benefits of working at Tesco are also better. Which one would you choose?

Can the next one be about food such as Gregg's, McDonald's etc 

I think that could help me understand it a bit better 

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

They're giving him a six year contract allegedly.

£48m (£8m p/a). No thanks. They’ll argue that it’s like buying a £20m player and sticking him on £90k a week but where’s the win of getting a free transfer? I’d rather put that kind of money elsewhere. Like that lad at Juve.

6 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Some mental takes ok here like, why would he not sign for Chelsea over us? It’s an absolute no brainer if you put yourself in his shoes. 

Depends on what you want from a professional sports career.

Immediate money in the bank (or more money than the other club is offering) at the risk of your development in your chosen sport declining or stalling ( given the history of that particular club)

Or if you value development, career progression annd giving your self the opportunity to be the best you can above immediate financial gain.

Given that the amount of money we are talking here is more than 99.9% of us will ever see or dream of then the question of putting that initial financial benefit ahead of development tells all about an individuals priorities.

£45 k per week or £75k per week…At that level really what’s the comparison of value.

Suppose it depends on if you value that “extra cash” above your sporting potential never being fulfilled.

I get what some are saying. More money, nearer home and the likelihood of less work (as chances are he will rarely be seen in their first team- and probably farmed out on loan in a seasons time)

That sounds great but if you are a top athlete then I would think you want to be the best you can and take any opportunity that comes along to help with that…and in all likelihood the decision this lad has made isn’t going to do that.

Pity for us as I think he would have done well and certainly helped re other recruitment etc but hey ho.

He won’t be the first or last.