Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

He'll get more cash and doesn't have to relocate, fair enough. 

But what a shit move for his career. He'll be out on loan or sold by this time next year.

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

He'll get more cash and doesn't have to relocate, fair enough. 

But what a shit move for his career. He'll be out on loan or sold by this time next year.

Hes 26, they’ll give him a 6 year contract on 150k a week. Hes sorted financially. 

On the plus side if we now have to pay to get a CB not on a free transfer,  this may force us instead of find a short term fix to go big on another top class CB.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Checko said:

Be disappointing if he does go to Chelsea as he would add pace at the back, which we lack, and would beef up our squad at a good value. His ability to pass the ball forward would fit us well.

Still, for a bit of copium, here's a short thread on him leaving on a Fulham board:

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=93853.0

General consensus seems to be he was a good value signing, & premier league quality player but not as good as he thinks he is. Good enough for them and mid table but he'd be on the bench in a Europe chasing team. Can be good on the ball but can also be careless and has a mistake in him defensively (from FB ref his short and medium passing completion is well below average, though his long passing is good).

22/3 he only played 61% of the time even though no injuries so often wasn't first choice in a mid table fulham, though largely first choice this year.

Obviously if he does end up signing for us all this changes & he's unequivocally amazing, but I don't think we've missed out on the next Jaap Stam at least.

When we were after him last year the message was that he wanted more guarantees of playing time and because we had Romero and no Europe that might be an issue. Then we got Dragusin in Jan and moved on. Wonder if it was more like him waiting for the contract to end and/or Chelsea to come in. What the Fulham fans say sounds right. What confuses me is what on Earth Chelsea are doing, although somebody said there’s a Maresca connection of some kind.

Edited by leffe186

Was thinking that with his distribution and comfort on the ball, he could replace Schar long-term. Oh well, if he is that confident in breaking through Chelsea's team of international CBs, then good luck to him. Thought that he would prefer regular football since he moved from Man City to Fulham. Quite disappointing and which means that we will have to allocate funds and resources towards another CB.

Chelsea is such a nasty club in every way 

2 minutes ago, LRD said:

Was thinking that with his distribution and comfort on the ball, he could replace Schar long-term. Oh well, if he is that confident in breaking through Chelsea's team of international CBs, then good luck to him. Thought that he would prefer regular football since he moved from Man City to Fulham. Quite disappointing and which means that we will have to allocate funds and resources towards another CB.

Chelsea is such a nasty club in every way 

Chelsea are on the decline thanks to cowboy Todd.

I’m pretty sure Chelsea have a very strict wage structure in place under these owners. I’d guess it more he gets to stay in London that’s made him choose Chelsea.

1 hour ago, aussiemag said:

Surely conference league football isn’t that much of a lure. It will be the money and not having to move home. 

Staying in London is a massive deal - I lived there for over twenty years and totally get it.

I mean it's a shame but he will be making much more and not have to move etc.

But purely from a football perspective, why the fuck would ya??? The place has turned into a bonafide circus. This new coach could well end up being a complete clusterfuck. And even with Thiago leaving there's still about 5/6 centre halves at the club. 

Disappointing, but not surprising. I think we've yet to win a transfer battle against one of the big six. You can be sure that Chelsea will have offered significantly more money.

2 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Disappointing, but not surprising. I think we've yet to win a transfer battle against one of the big six. You can be sure that Chelsea will have offered significantly more money.

You mean constant chaos, dying fan base, constant mangerial change, and an owner who doesn't understand football weren't enough?

I doubt it will go well for him from a footballing perspective. Chelsea are replacing a high class coach with an unproven one, and he’s competing with Colwill (who is a much bigger prospect), Badiashile, Disasi, Chalobah, Fofana, plus all the other CB’s they will buy impulsively in the coming years. It’s a high risk move.

Also if Chelsea are selling Chalobah to sign Tosin, that seems pretty pointless. Maybe it helps with some FFP bullshit.

9 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

You mean constant chaos, dying fan base, constant mangerial change, and an owner who doesn't understand football weren't enough?

Exavtly, why would he!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, leffe186 said:

(...) What confuses me is what on Earth Chelsea are doing, although somebody said there’s a Maresca connection of some kind.

From Chelsea's perspective I imgine it will be:

1. Sign him on a free, freeing up some transfer budget to:

2. Sign more footballers

3. Sell one of their other CBs

4. Buy more footballers

5. Next year or two, sell him for £15/20 million and an FFP profit.

6. Buy more footballers

Edited by Checko

Posted (edited)

Doesnt want to come? Don't want him. We'll sign someone else. People are so traumatized by the Ashley era when we would pick one target, pursue all window and then they'd turn us down and teh club would shrug like nothing they could do

Edited by Tiresias

If, presented with the two options, he’s chosen that project then he doesn’t have the outlook and priorities which we want in players. Fair enough, many people would share his outlook. 

3 minutes ago, Checko said:

From Chelsea's perspective I imgine it will be:

1. Sign him on a free, freeing up some transfer budget to:

2. Sign more footballers

3. Sell one of their other CBs

4. Buy more footballers

5. Next year of two sell him for £15/20 million and an FFP profit.

6. Buy more footballers

Not many clubs will be able to afford the wages he’s probably been given, plus a transfer fee on top.

I really don't like how this end of the season/start of the summer is developing. 

• First the Ashforth saga
  • Bruno's release clause is being made public with teams circling around 
  • Then missing out on European football because of the scums FA Cup win
  • Missing out on Adarabioyo who we seemed to had a free pass on 

Feel good factor for the summer gone. 

You have to remember the self belief these guys have. He will believe he can get and hold a first team place at Chelsea 

plus the elephant in the room here is Chelsea are in Europe. It matters to players.

19 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Chelsea have a recent record of success (ie within the last 10 years) and will have offered more money. I struggle to think of a player that, given a similar choice, has opted for the alternative.

All you say may be right, but any player that has reached that level is probably an optimist by nature, and will believe that they will be one of the ones that survive and flourish in that environment.