Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

33 minutes ago, Beth said:

For all the ones slagging him off, lets look at this logically without wearing NUFC rose tinted glasses.

He has a choice of working for Asda for £10 an hour or Tesco for £15 an hour. Tesco is a couple of miles away whilst Asda is 250 miles from where he lives. He has no love for either company, however the benefits of working at Tesco are also better. Which one would you choose?

:joelinton:

38 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

What the fuck are you on about

It's the Beth way, why stab someone in the gut when you can twist the knife a bit as well? :lol:

There’s no way any signing comes in as one of the top earners straight off the bat.

Now one season in and he’s pulling up trees, the club would have renegotiated, but he’s taking a short term view and I suppose in the same position you’d take the job that’s offering the best pay/benefits but it’s still disappointing.

I don’t think we were ever close, maybe for as far as an offer and they’ve just taken that info and shopped him about.

I didn’t know an awful lot about him before he was linked and I’m happy enough to just let this one go.. it’s not the same as that Hugo chap and his arsehole agent.

10 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

There’s no way any signing comes in as one of the top earners straight off the bat.

Now one season in and he’s pulling up trees, the club would have renegotiated, but he’s taking a short term view and I suppose in the same position you’d take the job that’s offering the best pay/benefits but it’s still disappointing.

I don’t think we were ever close, maybe for as far as an offer and they’ve just taken that info and shopped him about.

I didn’t know an awful lot about him before he was linked and I’m happy enough to just let this one go.. it’s not the same as that Hugo chap and his arsehole agent.

I think he would have happily come here if one of the cartel clubs hadn't come in for him. We just aren't allowed to compete with them under the current PL rules.

Kelly is only a 3 year deal because of the medical risk.

I would have assumed Tosin would have been offered a 4/5 year deal based on his profile.

59 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Like you wouldn't be slagging him off if everyone was saying fair enough. :lol: I can read you like a book.

And not a very good book, either. Certainly not Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab, which actually improves with every read.

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

And not a very good book, either. Certainly not Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab, which actually improves with every read.

You might not believe me, but I deleted that from my post. :lol:

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think he would have happily come here if one of the cartel clubs hadn't come in for him. We just aren't allowed to compete with them under the current PL rules.

No not this summer.. I think the rule changes open things up for next summer though, especially if we get top 4.

Assuming we don’t have the same injuries we should be stronger to make that kind of challenge but we also need to replace what we’ve already lost (stating the obvious) as well as upgrading the squad in any way we can.

Howe needs to seriously improve on getting that consistency.

We’ve had dips mid season in both of his full seasons now, there should be enough data to see patterns now.

It’s not out of the question to suggest that without that mid season blip in 22/23, that we could have been challenging for the league by the end of it, given how strong we finished.

I think you've always got to question a player who runs his contract down for a free transfer, seems the perfect fit for Chelsea, he'll fit right in, on the bench that is.

26 minutes ago, pubteam said:

I think you've always got to question a player who runs his contract down for a free transfer, seems the perfect fit for Chelsea, he'll fit right in, on the bench that is.

Why question a player who honours his contract then signs a new one elsewhere when it expires? He did his part of the agreement.

9 minutes ago, McDog said:

Why question a player who honours his contract then signs a new one elsewhere when it expires? He did his part of the agreement.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but I think it depends on individual circumstances, somewhat. I'd take into account things like how much of a gamble a club took in signing the player originally, how much they've added to their career, how important them receiving a fee is to the well-being of the club etc. The football ecosystem is based on clubs getting a piece of transfers, so it's a bit of a hostile act to strongly aim your career towards one if, for example, your old club was making reasonable contract offers and not blocking an earlier transfer away.

9 minutes ago, 80 said:

I'm inclined to agree with you, but I think it depends on individual circumstances, somewhat. I'd take into account things like how much of a gamble a club took in signing the player originally, how much they've added to their career, how important them receiving a fee is to the well-being of the club etc. The football ecosystem is based on clubs getting a piece of transfers, so it's a bit of a hostile act to strongly aim your career towards one if, for example, your old club was making reasonable contract offers and not blocking an earlier transfer away.

I agree there could be other factors which could make a fan pissed about this decision, but normally I wouldn't see an issue with it.

6 hours ago, Toonjam88 said:

Who is working at Asda???? 

Nobody soon. Major recruitment crisis looming. Only one person likes green and he’s shit at football. It’s worrying; keep up. 

8 hours ago, Beth said:

For all the ones slagging him off, lets look at this logically without wearing NUFC rose tinted glasses.

He has a choice of working for Asda for £10 an hour or Tesco for £15 an hour. Tesco is a couple of miles away whilst Asda is 250 miles from where he lives. He has no love for either company, however the benefits of working at Tesco are also better. Which one would you choose?

Thing is though, he’s a footballer, not an unskilled worker.

He’s at a point where the increase in wages isn’t even felt because he earns so much, and he has the money to buy a new house, and time off during the summer and international breaks if he’s not called up to go back where he’s from.

Your analogy works better if he was offered the CEO position of each supermarket. With one it’s round the corner from him, a slightly better wage, but he doesn’t do anything. He’ll never be called up to supermarket CEO awards dinners, he’ll never get the chance to implement changes that would change retail etc.

The other job is further away, a little less in money, but he’ll be called up for CEO of the year if he does well and compliments those ideas he has etc.

Why am I even going to these lengths to correct this?

11 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Some mental takes ok here like, why would he not sign for Chelsea over us? It’s an absolute no brainer if you put yourself in his shoes. 

You’re coming down with a nasty case of Low Toon Esteem. Have a stottie immediately! 

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, James said:

Beth.

Tesco turned him down. Explains a lot.

Is their Clubcard the same as a season ticket? Asking for a makem. 

Edited by Groundhog63

34 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Thing is though, he’s a footballer, not an unskilled worker.

He’s at a point where the increase in wages isn’t even felt because he earns so much, and he has the money to buy a new house, and time off during the summer and international breaks if he’s not called up to go back where he’s from.

Your analogy works better if he was offered the CEO position of each supermarket. With one it’s round the corner from him, a slightly better wage, but he doesn’t do anything. He’ll never be called up to supermarket CEO awards dinners, he’ll never get the chance to implement changes that would change retail etc.

The other job is further away, a little less in money, but he’ll be called up for CEO of the year if he does well and compliments those ideas he has etc.

Why am I even going to these lengths to correct this?

Bit tory that, Stif 😉