Newcastle United 1-1 Brighton & Hove Albion (11/05/24) | Reaction: pg 21

Yorkie

Posted (edited)

Why's are people writing off Europe? Obviously a knock, but Man United and Brentford a both shit - got to fancy our chances

Edited by Robbo2

Just now, Mazzy said:

Brighton managed that game better than we did, even with alot of their better players missing. Huge opportunity missed, Man Utd is even more of a must win now.

Still in our hands but our grip is loosening. Just got to hope Chelsea lose or draw and that'll make it a little easier.

Only if their intent was to grab a point. 

Man Utd still won't catch us but I fear we've just opened the door for Chelsea. Feels like points lost rather than a point gained after a decent finish to the game. Bit of a damp squib of an end to the season home game too.

Unless Chelsea have a wobble it's looking more likely we play in the Conference next season.

Just now, Aiston said:

And about 6 others :lol:

Aye but I was talking about the subs coming on in the second half to make a difference

The joys of depending on Callum Wilson as an option. Stripped away a threat by yet another injury. Still should have won but one of those daft performances that have been the difference between top 4 chasing and top 6 chasing.

Just now, Away Toon said:

Just about worth a point i suppose. It does set up both Chelsea and Man United to finish above us unless we win our last two games.

They are not going to Win Every match, and we have man u to play also.

Needed Callum for this one.

So important having another striker option available. Can't end up like this again next season.

As for Miggy ... well that was just classic really.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Can't understand why you take your 20 goal striker off when you need a goal. Definite wrong decision for me

tbf he done nothing all game besides a half chance where he was offside anyway. Thought we looked better after he went off. Not his day.

Very frustrating game in the end, so many things just didn't click. Have to perform on Wednesday, and need Forest to do us a favour now

Comms. Fuck off and get another job. Co comm called Darren England, Darren English (despite the main comm saying England) the entire game. Called Enciso, Encisse. Called Lamptey, Lampertey. Then main comms calls Bruno, Joelinton. Not important but they’re so shit at their job.

Posted (edited)

Fair result all round I think. Brighton a good side and obviously very dangerous on the break. We could have done with Wilson as an option today, but hey-ho.

MoM - toss up between Bruno and Elliott Anderson.

Edited by Big Geordie

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

Man Utd still won't catch us but I fear we've just opened the door for Chelsea. Feels like points lost rather than a point gained after a decent finish to the game. Bit of a damp squib of an end to the season home game too.

Unless Chelsea have a wobble it's looking more likely we play in the Conference next season.

That would be ok though.

1 minute ago, mikejaxer said:

Shame we won't be getting Europe next season

Huh? If Man United lose to Arsenal, all we need to do is to beat Brentford. We can even afford to lose to Man Utd in terms of getting 7th.

1 minute ago, Robbo2 said:

Why's are people writing off Europe? Obviously a knock, but Man United and Brentford a both shit - got to fancy our chances

Standard N-O end of the world stuff after a rough result.

1 minute ago, Robbo2 said:

Because there’s a real defeatist element to a large part of our support fucking whiney spineless cunts.

Frustrating that, we never got going and made some really poor decisions in the final third. Need maximum points from the last two games, I can see Chelsea winning all their remaining fixtures. 

2 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Pity we haven't taken the chance. We just weren't clinical at all today in the build up besides the goal.

Still two games to go:indi:

This !!! If someone offered me this position with 2 games to go when we were 3-1  down against West ham i wouldve gave me left hand for it...

2 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Just about worth a point i suppose. It does set up both Chelsea and Man United to finish above us unless we win our last two games.

Do you think Man Utd will beat Arsenal? Anything can happen, but seems unlikely.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Only if their intent was to grab a point. 

I would say from that last 10 minutes that was exactly their intent.