Manchester United vs. Newcastle United: 15/5/24 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just throwing it out there, if Bruno is still out we have next to no chance. 

The scoreline was close against Arsenal, but there was no-one capable of that pass to split the defence. In reality they were very comfortable. 

Highly unlikely Martinez is thrown in as well. It'll be Casemiro and Evans again, and Martinez coming on later in the game. Small chance of a Kambwala start. 

I've been offered my mate's season ticket in the home end as his lass is about to drop a sprog on the same day. 

I'm usually pretty sensible in home end's but I'm not sure i could contain myself if we scored or even better got a result against these lot. 

1 minute ago, Likelylad said:

I've been offered my mate's season ticket in the home end as his lass is about to drop a sprog on the same day. 

I'm usually pretty sensible in home end's but I'm not sure i could contain myself if we scored or even better got a result against these lot. 

Unless you're sitting in the Stretford End you'll be surrounded by a bunch of wet wipes anyway. 

18 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

what are the chances of Bruno F being out again? 

a lot more optimistic here if he's missing  

Ten Hag has said he is likely to miss it, I have my doubts. He was back in training end of last week. My guess would be that he starts and Rashford/Martinez will be on the bench. 

1 hour ago, Likelylad said:

I probably sound mad and maybe I'd think otherwise if I had the chance but I'm not sure I'd even take such an offer. I imagine I'd feel really unsatisfied if we won and I had to pretend like I wasn't happy while watching the away section go bonkers.

1 hour ago, Dancing Brave said:

That reminds me of the stairs going up into the Gallowgate End back in the 70s and 80s :lol:

Yeah - could easily have been a river of piss coming out of the Gallowgate end toilet ( if toilet is the correct term for it ).

6 hours ago, midds said:

Fully expecting Fernandes, Martinez and Rashford to all either start or get at least 30 mins from the bench

I hope Rashford starts

Posted (edited)

3 points clear of these, pressure is on them.  I’d be a lot more confident with Schar around but we can do this.  We’ve pretty much  owned them since the cup final loss 

Edited by Andy84

7 hours ago, wormy said:

I probably sound mad and maybe I'd think otherwise if I had the chance but I'm not sure I'd even take such an offer. I imagine I'd feel really unsatisfied if we won and I had to pretend like I wasn't happy while watching the away section go bonkers.

Went with them Intentions when I was in with the villa fans this season , but I'd had a few say the least and I wasn't pretending to be a villa fan by a long way . When they scored they were all jumping around and I was sitting down with emotionless and when we scored I was beaming  ... A good few obviously clocked on I was a Newcastle fan and gave me some looks but other than that I was alright somehow 

14 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

3 points clear of these, pressure is on them.  I’d be a lot more confident with Schar around but we can do this.  We’ve pretty much  owned them since the cup final loss 

Eddie said Fab should be back this week. Hopefully for this game. 

8 hours ago, wormy said:

Was sat in with the Leeds fans years ago when Shearer scored a last minute equaliser at Elland Road. They were all proper kicking off that day as it was Bowyer's first game back against them and they wanted blood. When Shearer's goal hit the back of the net I have no idea how I kept a straight face, think it was mostly the fear that they'd beat the shit out of me!

tl;dr - don't take it, it won't be anywhere near as enjoyable.

Posted (edited)

A point likely guarantees European football next year.  I would absolutely take a point now if offered - though I absolutely believe that we can win

Edited by TheBrownBottle

6 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

A point likely guarantees European football next year.  I would absolutely take a point now if offered - though I absolutely believe that we can win

Banter has started at work (I work in Manchester). Mainly triggered by me, tbf. Beginning to wish I hadn’t been on the wind-up quite so much. Feeling nervous about this now. Desperately want to win. Perhaps the nervousness comes from hidden memories of all the other times I’ve desperately wanted us to win and we haven’t. 
Anyhow, a point wouldn’t be bad, but if we perform… could be glorious. Adding to LC knock-out (and pay back) by actually costing them something more significant at their place. This could be their lowest ever finish in PL era. Howay lads just this once. 

20 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Banter has started at work (I work in Manchester). Mainly triggered by me, tbf. Beginning to wish I hadn’t been on the wind-up quite so much. Feeling nervous about this now. Desperately want to win. Perhaps the nervousness comes from hidden memories of all the other times I’ve desperately wanted us to win and we haven’t. 
Anyhow, a point wouldn’t be bad, but if we perform… could be glorious. Adding to LC knock-out (and pay back) by actually costing them something more significant at their place. This could be their lowest ever finish in PL era. Howay lads just this once. 

They're still a good side, despite their being poor relative to the last few decades - it isn't an easy place to go.  But we couldn't pick a better time to play them than this

24 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I live here, i've learned to say nowt pre or post match (even if we win).

22 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

Just walk into the office the next day with your Toon top pulled up over your head! 

24 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

I lived there summer 95 through to autumn 96. :suicide: