Lloyd Kelly

Jack27

Get these two in and go big on a right winger and that’s a great summer with players returning from injury/suspension. Hopefully a new striker as well

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

bloody hate these "welcome to newcastle" vids.  Wait till they have actually signed, you sad fuckers.

5 minutes ago, hazeyb said:

bloody hate these "welcome to newcastle" vids.  Wait till they have actually signed, you sad fuckers.

You can message the creator of the video to let them know then.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Looks like a young Paul Dummet with his marauding emergency tackles and hopeful hoofs under no pressure. A bit worrying when the highlights are average :lol:

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Looks like a young Paul Dummet with his marauding emergency tackles and hopeful hoofs under no pressure. A bit worrying when the highlights are average :lol:

That's really how you saw things?

I'm not saying anything. If and when he joins and the games begin, we can talk again then.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

That's really how you saw things?

I'm not saying anything. If and when he joins and the games begin, we can talk again then.

He could be good, but the highlights didn't convince me. It's difficult to make "highlights" for defenders so I get they may go for a lot of clips of the defenders equivalent to the keepers tv save.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I sort of agree. He doesn’t read how wingers are trying to beat him very well, but he’s so quick and got great physical strength that he can recover and get the tackle in. Losing half a yard on say Mbappe in champions league though would be costly.

Also his passing is average. He uses a lob wedge that the winger/striker has to compete for or bring down on their chest or at an awkward height. I’m used to Schar pinging a 5 iron into feet.

Would definitely take him though. Recovery pace, 1-on-1 fuel strength like Joelinton. He’d be better than Dan Burn most likely, and certainly better at de fending than Hall. 

Edited by greydos
Spelling

Depends when and how these players are used schar, burn, lascelles, dummett, trippier all over 30 and not getting any younger we can't spend 30/40m in each position x 2 and academy maybe years away from pulling a gem.

While I would prefer a policy of buying to immediately improve the starting  line-up moving that current squad/regular starting into bench or squad players the age profile of the players mentioned means we could do with some padding.

While players like this aren't unlimited budget wow signings it brings the age of the defenders down at relatively low costs. Don't offer 5 or 6 year deals on massive wedge and hopefully we can move them on if needs be. 

I'm still to wary of these "set to sign" "front runners" headlines. 

Things don't normally tumble out unless they are next to done and this seems like another agent "give us a better offer" headline when they use words like "in the summer". Aren't they pre-contracts that can be done now and announced officially the day the window opens?

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Tosin & Kelly has a similar feeling to when we got Beye & Faye together on the cheap at the same time. Strengthens us massively.

And we all know how that went :pow:

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Tosin & Kelly has a similar feeling to when we got Beye & Faye together on the cheap at the same time. Strengthens us massively.

So relegation in 25/26 and pass one on to Villa?