Lloyd Kelly

Jack27

Going back to your old club second game in and having to deal with Semenyo, he’s probably had better days like.

He will still be starting most of our games at LB this season, as Ive said before he’s everything that Howe likes about Burn there and more. Most importantly he’s a physical upgrade, but retains that height advantage when we shift into a 3.

Edited by Nine

10 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I would say he is more of CB than LB. Offered no attacking threat from LB.

Thought he looked much more comfortable playing CB as well. As cover for LB, he might be adequate, but looked obvious this match it's not his preferred position.

12 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I would say he is more of CB than LB. Offered no attacking threat from LB.

I mean, the way that half was going, where were the opportunities to get forward, especially with the threat in behind from Semenyo?

Even Tino was unable to get forward much on the other side that half. It was ridiculous really.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

I mean, the way that half was going, where were the opportunities to get forward, especially with the threat in behind from Semenyo?

Even Tino was unable to get forward much on the other side that half. It was ridiculous really.

Yea we were too passive.  But I would say he is quite defense first fullback

should start instead of Burn. 

1 hour ago, CPL said:

Being written off by some after your first start... who said we aren't fickle fans?! 

A lot if that is reactionary social media shite that’s indicative of all modern football fans and basically modern life. Hyperbole aal ower the shop 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

His G/A record from left back is pretty much non existent. For Bournemouth while playing left back he recorded 1 goal in the cup, and 1 goal + 1 assist in the Championship. That's it. I haven't seen much of him, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that he's great going forward.

Amazing that he’s already getting written off by some after 90 minutes. Wasn’t really good or bad today, just meh. Semenyo is really good though and I’m certain the tone on Hall’s thread would be a lot different if he was asked to deal with him alone today.

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

His G/A record from left back is pretty much non existent. For Bournemouth while playing left back he recorded 1 goal in the cup, and 1 goal + 1 assist in the Championship. That's it. I haven't seen much of him, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that he's great going forward.

He's not going to take people on and whip crosses in like that. He's certainly not Hall going forward.

But he will overlap and will put in a decent cross, and had we managed to do anything with the ball first half, we would have seen that today.

He's much better than Burn is in that position.

I like him and think he will be fine. He was not great today but it's because we invited semenyo to be a terror. I blame Howe for how he set up the team.

If you had Hall he may have had a moment or 2, but also think the threat of him would have forced semenyo and Bournemouth to hit the brakes. We were on our back foot the whole time. 

It didn't help that Gordon and Joelinton had a surprisingly poor first half. 

Back 3 would suit Kelly unfortunately we rarely play that system. Think he’s decent cover when everyone’s fit and if you want a sub to shore things up late in the game.

Do not want to see him regularly at left back in place of Hall, would really impact his development this season.

He’s strong in the tackle and can seem to dispossess people quite well but overall probably 6/10 from him today.. as was the case with most of the team.

Way too early to write him off.

Better CB than LB I think. Difficult situation the first return to your old club. I’m sure he’ll be a useful addition but I would have partnered him with BDB ( I’m sure two left footers can play together) and played Lewis as LB.

Confirmed to me he should be used as a LCB only. We really can’t afford to play another season where the LB is very limited with the ball, because it just puts us under more pressure, and teams are more braver to take gamble and commit more onto Bruno knowing others around him won’t hurt us the same way.

I like him, he's decent backup to have and I like the fact that he can spray pass and actually play from the back. Semenyo did give him a rough time yesterday however.

If Howe really wanted to have 3 at the back in possession, he should have had krafth at right back, Burn at RCB, Kelly at LCB, and Hall at left back. 

You'd gain Hall going forward and his more aggressive stance. You'd get Kelly at his natural spot where he does have more playing ability, and you don't lose anything going forward with Krafth over Tino.

Not ideal but feels more forward and progressive than what we had yesterday. 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I’m absolutely done with some of the takes on here like. Convinced there are tons of people who don’t actually watch football 

Probably preoccupied spaffing said takes onto the interweb during the matches to be fair to them.

1 hour ago, Pata said:

What? :lol:

Let me rephrase - in this game we didnt lose anything because Tino had a pretty terrible game going forward and he was not really tested in defense. Could have done with Krafth there instead.

And I am big fan of Tino (not to be first choice over Trippier yet mind) but if the goal was to have 3 atb then i would have preferred to keep Hall as the player to go forward. 

Edited by NobbySolano

I would prefer hall to play because as I said yesterday it seems the poor bastard is having to work twice as hard as anyone else to get a starting spot. Having said that though it’s hard to criticise our defence at the moment as last year we were all having a pop at the for leaking goals left right and centre- now we’ve only conceded one goal in first two games and I’m reading a lot of criticism of the defence because their not assisting or getting forward enough.