Brentford vs. Newcastle United: 19/5/24 @ 16:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Also why the fuck isn’t this on TV? It’s the last day, show every game you fucking cowards. 

Choosing Liverpool v Wolves so Sky get the Klopp goodbye :icon_puke_l:

image.png.be946ec59c1a51f59dd7ae2e2bab7205.png

20 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

So what is Eddie going to lie about this morning? Place your bets!

Mine is Tino will be, at least, on the bench tomorrow despite getting ruled out 

Man if he says that Tino is on the bench tomorrow, that'll be his most brazen lie yet. 

23 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

So what is Eddie going to lie about this morning? Place your bets!

Mine is Tino will be, at least, on the bench tomorrow despite getting ruled out 

Wilson has "illness"

I won't be too unhappy to lose this and miss out on European football next season. Next season we'll have Tonali back, bring a couple of new players in, no heavy schedule, get our top players back, avoid the injuries and  we could be pushing Man City and qualifying for Champions League 

14 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I won't be too unhappy to lose this and miss out on European football next season. Next season we'll have Tonali back, bring a couple of new players in, no heavy schedule, get our top players back, avoid the injuries and  we could be pushing Man City and qualifying for Champions League 

The main positive about next season is that it means this season will have ended. We've had our obviously good moments (PSG etc) but football on the whole has been hard to enjoy. No doubt it'll be the same next season but I'll remain positive and believe that everything with VAR, FFP, Sky six, constant injuries, bans and the like won't be an issue next year. 

Can't wait to see Tonali in for Longstaff, hopefully Pope back on form and our two young fullbacks dominating the league and getting England callups.

15 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

The risk is that we lose one of Isak or Bruno or Howe depending on how PIF view not qualifying for Europe.

2 hours ago, SteV said:

Conceded first against Sheff Utd

My bad, was talking about away game. at most I think we could do was draw when away from home.

Just can’t get on board with not wanting Europe. No guarantees the gap in games will help us, and like Neville etc. say in past, to be a top club, you’ve got to get used to playing twice a week. 

We need the regular exposure to Europe as a club, and we need to make qualifying for Europe feel the norm and a minimum. Doing that again this season would be 2 out of 2 for Howe and club. Massive step, and shows to potential signings, we are moving places. Backing up what club been saying to them.

Likes of Bruno etc would’ve joined on premise that we’ll be regularly in Europe and competing. UCL the aim, but that will not always be the case each season unless you are a heavyweight, but being in Europe is still what players want. 

29 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Crazy take and assumption that all current players will be as happy not to mention that £20m drop in income it could bring ruining your spending plans. Thats ignoring the notion we would push City [emoji38]

Assuming Livramento is out I'd go for a slightly leftfield choice of:

Pope

Krafth - Schar - Burn - Hall

Anderson - Bruno - Joelinton

Gordon - Isak - Barnes

Longstaff offered very little against Man U so I'd pick Anderson over him, he's also been good defensively so would help out Krafth who is an obvious weak link but still gets the nod over Trippier who isn't looking match fit. It's time to unleash Big Joe and I just want to see that front 3 on the field together more. Hopefully they would be very fluid and hard to mark.

I’d probably go back to 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 if Wilson’s fit to start. Neither Anderson nor Longstaff deserve to continue after Wednesday.

Murphy does, though, and hopefully Gordon’s fit. Can’t see Howe dropping Dubs for the final game after sticking with him to this point.

image.thumb.png.44fc65996811f529dcd21f088d8dbd68.png

37 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

The main positive about next season is that it means this season will have ended. We've had our obviously good moments (PSG etc) but football on the whole has been hard to enjoy.

I take your other points and it has been frustrating

But fuck me I've spent most my adult life watching us be shite and playing some utter dross football

Scored more goals than any other season and played some class stuff at times.

Be our 3rd highest finish in about 20 years as well

12 minutes ago, jack j said:

But fuck me I've spent most my adult life watching us be shite and playing some utter dross football

Nope, you've read it wrong. I haven't been able to enjoy football (as a sport) not OUR football (as a game). It's not personal to Newcastle.

Might be tempted to ask Gordon to play LCM in a 4-3-3 and play Barnes on the wing.

That way we can drop Anderson and Longstaff but still have plenty of presence in the middle. I don't like the 4-4-2 much at all. 

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Nope, you've read it wrong. I haven't been able to enjoy football (as a sport) not OUR football (as a game). It's not personal to Newcastle.

Ahh sorry mate my bad

20 hours ago, jack j said:

This, 100%.

I get it’s been a tough season, but people need to have a memory longer than the take over.

Remember the absolute fucking slogs that were every season under the fat cockney wanker?

Remember the pain of two relegations as our club was slowly being ground down?

Remember Steve “How’s the bacon” Bruce and his utter lack of talent, skill or direction?

Remember bare minimum signings and having to make do with lower half survival year after year?

So yeah, it’s been a hard watch at times this season, but I would take another ten years of this over having to have suffered one more pre takeover. Europa League or Conference next season still lets us raise profile and stay attractive to the calibre of players we want to attract.

Personally I’m also over the moon with the free signings - adds depth where we need it without huge FFP impacts. Strengthens the squad again, building year on year.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Southern Geordie said:

This, 100%.

I get it’s been a tough season, but people need to have a memory longer than the take over.

Remember the absolute fucking slogs that were every season under the fat cockney wanker?

Remember the pain of two relegations as our club was slowly being ground down?

Remember Steve “How’s the bacon” Bruce and his utter lack of talent, skill or direction?

Remember bare minimum signings and having to make do with lower half survival year after year?

So yeah, it’s been a hard watch at times this season, but I would take another ten years of this over having to have suffered one more pre takeover. Europa League or Conference next season still lets us raise profile and stay attractive to the calibre of players we want to attract.

Personally I’m also over the moon with the free signings - adds depth where we need it without huge FFP impacts. Strengthens the squad again, building year on year.

Great Post.

I'm not confident about tomorrow at all. I think our away form has been abysmal this season so I just cannot be confident of winning. But this club is on the way up long term and that's what I keep reminding myself whenever we get a bad result.

Edited by Scoot

9 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Great Post.

I'm not confident about tomorrow at all. I think our away form has been abysmal this season so I just cannot be confident of winning. But this club is on the way up long term and that's what I keep reminding myself whenever we get a bad result.

Yes it really is onwards and upwards. There is something going on all the time that is positive for the club, with things to look forward to. This summer for one will still be exciting. New players in, deadwood out, Adidas, pre season tours. Re 2mow my Hopium says a good win [emoji38] but that’s what we’ve been given now, hope, we have belief again, we just need to trust and be patient. Our overlords are building it, so in time it will come! The horror days of the relegationometer are over. The futures bright the futures black and white :indi:

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

There's no such thing as twitter.com anymore it's been permanently changed to x.com which doesn't embed.

Eh I found if I click embed post and copy that link it still works 

Edited by Jack27