Giorgi Mamardashvili

Jack27

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I genuinely don’t think Trafford will be ready to be 1st choice keeper even next season. Obviously both could/hope to be wrong IF he does sign. Doesn’t strike me as a keeper with authority and leadership that can command his area. That might come with time I’m not sure it will soon enough. 

It could be a signing just because Dubs has turned out to be so crap, rather than part of a grander plan. 

23 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

At least we know our scouts can find this type of quality.

Finding a full international, playing for one of the best teams in one of the top leagues. Give them a pat on the back.

Ps Arsenal scouts are total geniuses for finding raw unproven talents like Isak...word is he could be one of the best

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It could be a signing just because Dubs has turned out to be so crap, rather than part of a grander plan. 

That’s true. If so it’s a bit of money to spend in our current position if it’s like 20m when considering our priorities imo.   Not saying it’s an extremely high price or anything. But if only for backup the. Maybe we could find something slightly cheaper without being as bad as Dubravka, I don’t know. 

Just now, Ikon said:

That’s true. If so it’s a bit of money to spend in our current position if it’s like 20m when considering our priorities imo.   Not saying it’s an extremely high price or anything. But if only for backup the. Maybe we could find something slightly cheaper without being as bad as Dubravka, I don’t know. 

Yeah, I don't know how it will play out. Also difficult because Pope is definitely a PL number one, so can we carry two of those?

I'm not against replacing Pope now with someone brilliant obviously. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I'd rather have the winger to be honest. Providing his shoulder is OK, Pope is perfectly adequate for the time being.

“perfectly adequate” ffs :lol: put some respect on the best keeper we’ve had in literal decades

I love the whole willing a transfer into existence. There’s at least 1 every summer. The level of player has quite obviously differed massively pre and post takeover. But it’s easy to spot a trend of us ogling holding midfielders.

Maddison, Paqueta, William Carvalho, Andreas Samaris, Boubakary Soumare, Tammy Abraham.. that’s just off memory.

2015 was the summer where the signings took everyone by surprise and hopes were high, why oh why they gave McClaren that privilege is beyond me but water under the bridge at this stage.

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I'd rather have the winger to be honest. Providing his shoulder is OK, Pope is perfectly adequate for the time being.

He is, but this is a long term position at a possible good value. A keeper for next 6-8 seasons is some deal. 

4 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

He is, but this is a long term position at a possible good value. A keeper for next 6-8 seasons is some deal. 

What if by some crazy logic Howe and the rest of his team seems Trafford as that keeper? Sounds mental that he might disagree with N-O but it's possible that's the plan

Plus you know, even more crazy the player might fancy a better alternative 

Edited by Fezzle

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

What if by some crazy logic Howe and the rest of his team seems Trafford as that keeper? Sounds mental that he might disagree with N-O but it's possible that's the plan

He probably does. Just a fair portion of people likely would prefer Mama over Trafford, at the expense of £20m, seeing as there’s no solid names linked at the moment for RW.

Just now, Sibierski said:

He probably does. Just a fair portion of people likely would prefer Mama over Trafford, at the expense of £20m, seeing as there’s no solid names linked at the moment for RW.

🤣 Fucking hell, so its because the media haven't invented some rumours?

4 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Mama genuinely seems a top, top level talent. Man City were happy to see Trafford go and use Ortega despite Ederson’s regular injury absences. His Burnley spell doesn’t scream confidence either.

15 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Our scouts are mint, that’s ederson, this Georgian keeper, Wharton etc all identified before they showed their talents to a wider audience. Just annoying we haven’t got any of them.

Sesko as well 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Our scouts are definitely good but all of these players have been on other clubs radars as well mind. 

Yeah, tbh I think it’s almost impossible to find a real hidden gem these days. Everyone seems to know about everyone.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah, tbh I think it’s almost impossible to find a real hidden gem these days. Everyone seems to know about everyone.

Pretty much, all clubs are basically on the hunt for the safe profile it’s part of the reason why we have so much trouble shifting our squad players, people would rather take the chance on a younger player who will improve, average players at their peak? Not so much. 

46 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

This exactly...anyone with an up to date copy of Football Manager can find a decent player. Serious clubs with AI driven data can refine this down to what player x had for breakfast for the last few years