Group D: 1. Austria, 2. France, 3. Netherlands (Q), 4. Poland

Big River

3 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Thing is with this format I don't think you can judge teams this early, nobody has to be full pelt or panic stations - especially with the amount of average or worse teams kicking about

Oh trust me I’ve judged France tonight - horrible cheating diving time wasting bastards.

7 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

She's only quoting the law.

It wouldn't change if it were a man ffs! 🤣

She’s quoted the law but surely she’s misinterpreted it. Both players are entitled to go for the ball, the Austrian gets there first. 

She then says it’s only a yellow. It’s as if the keeper couldn’t have injured the Austrian lad whereas as he was lucky his reckless tackle (that won the ball) didn’t decapitate the keeper.

In all the games I’ve heard from her she’s just quoted a law and made it fit to the decision made.

I’d say the same if it was some equally infuriating ex bloke ref stealing airtime.

Just now, Beren said:

Thuram's selfishness is boundless :lol: I can't believe he hasn't been stabbed in his own dressing room

It's wild, absolutely refuses to pass the ball, the others aren't much better tbf.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

She’s quoted the law but surely she’s misinterpreted it. Both players are entitled to go for the ball, the Austrian gets there first. 

She then says it’s only a yellow. It’s as if the keeper couldn’t have injured the Austrian lad whereas as he was lucky his reckless tackle (that won the ball) didn’t decapitate the keeper.

In all the games I’ve heard from her she’s just quoted a law and made it fit to the decision made.

I’d say the same if it was some equally infuriating ex bloke ref stealing airtime.

You might say the same if it was a bloke and top respect to you for that but the other post went straight to “teamjoeybarton because he disagreed with her and I have no time for that personally.

Just now, Wolfcastle said:

Seemed to be really comfortable and proud of the law whereas its probably loathed by football people is the conflict.

Just sounded like a yank stating a rule tbh

Another decent game; very energetic. Austria look like they could cause problems to a lot of teams but ultimately I don't think they looked like scoring at any point tonight.

Tournament wins are based on solid defences and France looked extremely solid. Loved the Kante throwback performance; was one of my absolute favourites a few years back.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Another decent game; very energetic. Austria look like they could cause problems to a lot of teams but ultimately I don't think they looked like scoring at any point tonight.

Tournament wins are based on solid defences and France looked extremely solid. Loved the Kante throwback performance; was one of my absolute favourites a few years back.

France are just strong and quick all over the pitch. Recovery pace means even when they fuck up it’s not too much of a problem. They’re a bit like 02-04 Arsenal in a way. Can be electric but often just do enough to get by and smother the game out.

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

If it was reckless (and I don't think it was) then 'winning' the ball wouldn't come into it