James Trafford

7 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Going to stick my neck on the line, and claim although I do belive we are interested in Trafford, we could have thrown the media a red herring while we tie up a big deal. [emoji38]

Why bother? :lol:

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Going to stick my neck on the line, and claim although I do belive we are interested in Trafford, we could have thrown the media a red herring while we tie up a big deal. [emoji38]

What, are you suggesting some kind of smokescreen? I’d like to see them try! Nothing gets past North East’s football’s literary luminaries.

21 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

yeah, considering the amount of points we dropped when Dubravaka came in it’s actually a really important position to fill. 

I agree, but is Trafford better than Dubs?

10 minutes ago, Zero said:

He could be available at a very fair price if he isn’t no.1 at Burnley now. Yes he couldn’t improve our starting eleven but a backup keeper is probably worth it.

He’s their number 1 right now because Muric got sold to Ipswich.

41 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Feels anything but given we first bid for him over a month ago mind.

What it does tell us is that we're still focusing on pre-Mitchell targets as has been reported.

True, which makes it more frustrating how we still haven’t managed any significant business. 

2 minutes ago, HayDen Traces said:

Why are we waisting time on another keeper? 

It's because the club has been reading the forum and now hates us all.

And so they've decided to antagonise us by signing as many goalkeepers as they can manage, and playing them in every position across the pitch.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's because the club has been reading the forum and now hates us all.

And so they've decided to antagonise us by signing as many goalkeepers as they can manage, and playing them in every position across the pitch.

Probably be better than playing Miggy, Murphy or Longstaff.

6 minutes ago, HayDen Traces said:

Why are we waisting time on another keeper? 

While timing isn't great as we do have other priorities it's an opportunistic approach to transfers he's been relegated his stock is low and we are trying to plan for the future potentially life without pope. We all would prefer to move onto glaringly obvious flaws in the starting 11 however you need to strike for these sorts of deals when they crop up. 

Whilst there is obvious logic in improving our 2nd keeper, it is hard to get excited by any signing that isn't decreasing the probability of Murphy, Almiron, Longstaff or Krafth getting extended game time. 

1 hour ago, Shak said:

The way this summer has gone we'd probably end up signing someone if we tried to do a smokescreen.

Thick of It style :lol:

4 hours ago, papo said:

He conceded againts the mackems on the weekend, so it's a pass from me :pilko:

He didn’t play at the weekend did he? Thought I read that he wasn’t available against them.

Edit: I’m wrong - he did play but it was a well taken goal to be fair

Edited by Gawalls