James Trafford

28 minutes ago, Rich said:

Some proper big hitters on N-O like.

Spotty nerdy virgins turn into balding nerdy might-as-well-be-virgins-now-ive-got-kids-and-settled-hard-but-got-a-bit-of-coin-before-the-inevitable-divorce posters.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Some proper big hitters on N-O like.

Haha it probably sounded more like that than I intended, but I can assure you that 'working on multi million £ bids' doesn't make me rich or important haha. Half the company has probably worked on them in some capacity, filling in this and that, preparing a document or 2, going through compliance matrices, reviewing other people's documents etc. It's tedious grunt work that involves people at all levels of the company.

It does give you an insight into the concept of bid processes though, and whilst not all of that is directly trasnferrable to bidding for footballers, a lot of it will be so I can see why it takes time to do these deals.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Spotty nerdy virgins turn into balding nerdy might-as-well-be-virgins-now-ive-got-kids-and-settled-hard-but-got-a-bit-of-coin-before-the-inevitable-divorce posters.

I strongly object to that. I am not spotty.

21 hours ago, huss9 said:

the albert luque negotiations were the best ever.

the comments that later came out from deportivo were incredible.

After Luque and Xisco at least we've made it up with Coloccini and Schar. 

:lol: Ah ok, don’t mean to be a dick but when you said retreating I thought you meant he was backtracking on the fact that a deal was close.

Edited by McCormick

Just now, McCormick said:

:lol: Ah ok, don’t mean to be a dick but when you said retreating I thought you meant he was backtracking that a deal was close.

Devil is in the detail! :lol:

On 12/06/2024 at 15:15, Chris_R said:

Haha it probably sounded more like that than I intended, but I can assure you that 'working on multi million £ bids' doesn't make me rich or important haha. Half the company has probably worked on them in some capacity, filling in this and that, preparing a document or 2, going through compliance matrices, reviewing other people's documents etc. It's tedious grunt work that involves people at all levels of the company.

It does give you an insight into the concept of bid processes though, and whilst not all of that is directly trasnferrable to bidding for footballers, a lot of it will be so I can see why it takes time to do these deals.

I worked on a recent $18.5 billion sale if that's the case.

Not enthusiastic about this deal at all. Probably a good keeper for the future but we need an instant improvement on Pope which am not sure he is.

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Not enthusiastic about this deal at all. Probably a good keeper for the future but we need an instant improvement on Pope which am not sure he is.

Why do we need an instant improvement on Pope? Pope has been class for us. Be looking at 50 million plus for an upgrade on Pope. A young keeper who we can mould into a replacement for Pope is the sensible option when we can't be splashing the cash

32 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

we dont like, Pope is quality. We need an upgrade on Dubravka though.

42 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I agree to an extent but im not sure they have the funds to get a new starter at RW and keeper and potentially R CB. Something is going to have to give somewhere. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Pope is a great shot stopped and commands his box well.

But he can’t kick a ball properly. That’s why we need an upgrade on him.

11 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

If Pope was good with his feet he’d probably be in the top 20 keepers in the world.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

If Pope was good with his feet he’d probably be in the top 20 keepers in the world.

I think he is in the top 20 keepers in the world. Name 20 better. 

It's only that his shoulder is a huge concern now, so we need cover. 

30 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

He’s also fucked his shoulder once again. Trafford not an upgrade on pope who has two fucked shoulders and can’t kick a ball, doesn’t show Trafford in a good light. 

5 hours ago, jack j said:

Why do we need an instant improvement on Pope? Pope has been class for us. Be looking at 50 million plus for an upgrade on Pope. A young keeper who we can mould into a replacement for Pope is the sensible option when we can't be splashing the cash

Because we must have nice things now!!!!! No time for patience, improve everything immediately!! 

4 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

So harsh. Deserves better after how good he’s been.