Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Strawberry

8 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Do people honeslty believe the club manufacturers interest in other players to create a 'smokescreen' based purely off the whole Barella/Tonali situation? It's not how grown up business works, lads. 

In a marketplace where your moves are being scrutinised and learned from by your competitors, it's exactly how business (sometimes) works. Happens in politics all the time - want something to not be spoken about, give the press something else to chew on or they'll get hungry. 

Not saying that's definitely the case here, but I think we're much happier letting some pursuits be known about than others.

39 minutes ago, NE27 said:

So would I have at 37m [emoji38]

Smokescreen as Eddie goes for solanke.

Um ...

Solanke would cost £50 million odd, and wouldn't join to sit behind Isak.

More likely to be Tammy from Roma who is available for £25 million, or Kelechi on a free.

And again we've found ourselves in one of those situations where us enquiring about one of the names on a long list has caused a meltdown.

Yes I'm sure there was genuine interest in DCL, just like there is genuine interest in Kilman etc but I'd bet it was interest at a certain price.

You can't find out a price unless you enquire, those enquiries lead to leaks.

My guess is that Everton are going to sign Minteh and we used that situation to try and get a cheap deal for DCL.

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Um ...

Solanke would cost £50 million odd, and wouldn't join to sit behind Isak.

More likely to be Tammy from Roma who is available for £25 million, or Kelechi on a free.

Yeah it was more a tongue in cheek statement at how we seem to operate around transfers and misinformation.

I'd take Tammy no problem.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wilson digging his heels maybe?

I don't think we need worry about Wilson wanting to leave. He wants to be top dog and he will have plenty of suitors, whether it's Saudi or mid-lower PL clubs who are willing to take a risk on his injuries for the guaranteed 10 goals he'll provide.

Don’t think it’s a work, I’d say the deal depended on Minteh moving and in the last day or two, better options have appeared for him, including staying here.

Looks like the club will sell someone unexpected, which may solve our issues.

27 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

For the sake of argument, if we'd sold Wilson for the same amount we'd bought DCL for (let's say £20m) would the people who don't rate him at all (presumably including his Ancelotti years) still be saying it's a shit deal?

Yes, as I don’t think he is as good as Wilson.

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Good luck to Everton in not folding. They must be banking on deals like this to see them through 

so they turned that deal down from man u and now this, or rather priced themselves out of it - lets say they do go over PSR and have to appeal, does all of these opportunities to make cash and declining them go against them?  isn't waiting longer what Notts Forest got done for? (genuine question as I don't honestly know)

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Cant imagine there was as much in all this as has been written about. It was probably all concluded in an afternoon but has been dragged out in tweets and articles over days just for content. 

certainly not as much in it as has been written in here 

14 minutes ago, STM said:

I don't think we need worry about Wilson wanting to leave. He wants to be top dog and he will have plenty of suitors, whether it's Saudi or mid-lower PL clubs who are willing to take a risk on his injuries for the guaranteed 10 goals he'll provide.

he's not even guaranteed 10 games these days

I was absolutely on board with signing a certified goal threat from Everton for a cut price deal, so personally think it's a pity it hasn't worked out. I'm glad we're not being taken for mugs but I would never have expected that anyway.