Miodrag Pivaš: Signs for Newcastle United (official)

Disco

1 minute ago, STM said:

There's a youtube channel under his name from 7 years ago. I wonder if its him. Just as a kid messing about playing footy like but...

Check to see if he says anything controversial before we complete the signing. 

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Like this signing. By the age of 19, I would have thought if he had anything about him, he would have already moved to a bigger club by now. Maybe our scouts have seen something in him the club can develop.

I've literally looked at wikipedia, and at the age of 19 Vidic was on loan in the Yugoslavian second division. This kid is playing Serbian first division at 18.

He's the next Nesta. I've never been so sure of anything in my life.

8 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Meh, no point getting excited about these type of signings.

At least it's not like baseball where the people you draft don't get in the team until about 7 years later. 

Love this sort of thing out of the blue. Whether the intention is to flip him for profit or bring him into the fold when the time is right, either option is positive

14 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I wonder if he's related to Brian Pinas.

According to reports, despite having a name similar to Brian Pinas, they are not in fact related. Edwards tomorrow 

39 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

At least it's not like baseball where the people you draft don't get in the team until about 7 years later. 

You should follow a better team. :aww:

52 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Meh, no point getting excited about these type of signings.

Ah, go and have a cold shower. You are always getting over emotional about these things!

7 hours ago, Irish Magpie said:

Ah, go and have a cold shower. You are always getting over emotional about these things!

Over emotional would be getting excited about signing a youngster who is likely to never play for us, even if he does perform well.

Absolutely no point in getting invested in these type of players.

Ashley to Ashworth

Pinas to Pivas

We know with FFP

The league won't believe us

Docking us points til we hit an all time low

(I'm sure it won't come to that, just got carried away)

No way the kid qualifies for

a UK work permit. So something must be in place to loan him straight back out to a top-flight club in Europe.

Edited by magorific

3 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Does anyone know what happened to Pinas? Looked half decent in that 97 tournament where Tomasson looked like the player he ended up being

Looks like he spent his caeer with various teams in the low countries. 100 games in the Dutch top division, 57 in the second and a season in the Belgian top league.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/brian-pinas/profil/trainer/68337

Also, according to wikipedia his name is actually Ulrich Brian Pinas.

I think he should have stuck with Ulrich personally.

'The name's Pinas. Ulrich Pinas.' sounds much better than 'The name's Pinas. Brian Pinas'.

18 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Some footage of the geezer here.

Looks like a tidy prospect. Also why does every single highlight video have to have the worst songs possible, is it like a mandatory thing? :lol:

Edited by worthy

17 minutes ago, worthy said:

Looks like a tidy prospect. Also why does every single highlight video have to have the worst songs possible, is it like a mandatory thing? :lol:

Managers love that shit.

I'm knocking up a similar video to get myself signed, mainly zoomed in crotch shots and running backwards and forward as my passing is suspect and I have a gammy knee.