Last 16: Romania 0-3 Netherlands; Austria 1-2 Turkey

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Where’s that article about the woman who slept with Ronaldo and Phil Mitchell and said the latter was a jelly belly but bigger in the trouser department?

I thought your ex-missus wrote it, why not ask her?

Slovenia pens were poor, Diogo Costa did well in delaying his dives and going the right way, but all their pens were too central and at a great height for the keeper, then you've got the Portugal pens all tucked in the corner or into the side netting. They didn't even make Costa work for it.

12 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

How bad were the Slovenian penalties? All the perfect height, not in the corner and telegraphed. 

Yet another terrible game at this tournament. 

Not just me then. Been awful.

All the Ronaldo stuff, Keown being off his box on commentary, the mad refereeing and linesman did make it much more enjoyable than it should have been. 

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

Sesko not taking a pel :lol:

Assume he wanted to take the fifth, which is pretty fucking wild considering it was always fairly likely to not even come to that. Fucking step up and take the first one if you're the main striker. 

13 minutes ago, James said:

Can’t wait to see the back of Ronaldo, one of the most overrated players in the history of football.

:lol:

20 minutes ago, James said:

Can’t wait to see the back of Ronaldo, one of the most overrated players in the history of football.

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

5 hours ago, huss9 said:

sesko knocking a couple of million off his price tonight.

Leipzig have got to be happy he's committed for another year - they can rebuild his reputation before selling next year. Another RB system player?

7 hours ago, TenkoDaLuz said:

Martinez says he is happy with the team.

Zero self awareness.

Sucks.

Total fraud.

8 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Where’s that article about the woman who slept with Ronaldo and Phil Mitchell and said the latter was a jelly belly but bigger in the trouser department?

I genuinely thought you were joking, Google’d it and found a Mirror ‘World Exclusive’ article saying they’d both been banging the same ladies of the night.

10 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Two woeful games today. Will never happen but 16 team format was clearly better.

Does that allow us to get rid of England, France, Italy, Portugal, Belgium etc.?

Why do we think this tournament hasn't been great? Few of my thoughts:

Lack of really good games and consistent top performances from elite players

Allowing so many 3rd placed teams through means there's a lack of jeopardy if the big teams do lose a game

Every team playing out slowly from the back.  Not many teams have a variety in their play which is why the Spain wingers have been the most talked about because they actually try to run past players. 

VAR - it's worked better in this tournament than in the Prem but it's completely diluting the football experience. That Denmark- Germany game was ruined by VAR

Tournament fatigue- with covid we've had two Euros and a winter world cup within 3 years.  I don't like to complain about watching too much football but I think even I'm struggling for motivation