Last 16: Romania 0-3 Netherlands; Austria 1-2 Turkey

Yorkie

Just now, gbandit said:

Howay man 

Completely free man. Was too close to the goalie.

He's been annoying me all game too.

So I'm blaming him!

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

One of the greatest stops I’ve ever seen 

Especially given the context and that it was the last minute of ET. Unbelievable stuff.

That save was unbelievable like, one of the first times I've exclaimed "NO FUCKING WAY" at a save in a neutral football match, it just looked a goal all day long. Easy to blame the finish, but the keeper still has no right to keep that out. 

Just now, duo said:

All Turkeys game have been good

True. They are great on the counter, play some exciting stuff. Love these types of games, so insane, end to end like that is beautiful. 

Proper game of football. No inverted fullbacks, both teams going for it, pure chaos, players dropping down with cramp all over the shop and last minute chances at both ends. Premier League Celebration GIF by MolaTV

7 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Always easy to like Türkiye teams 

Because them and their fans make it feel like the world's fate depends on it. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Turkey play like their lives depend on it. Puts England to shame. 

The way they all collapsed at the final whistle was mad.

Can't begrudge them their victory at all.

Honestly insane and annoying to see the likes of Portugal, France and England limp this far with 0 pride and urgency when the likes of Georgia, Austria, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Türkiye etc are all playing like this is the only thing that will save their lives. It’s really sad to see such “big” nations show up and completely look bemused as to how to play football.