Anthony Elanga: club in talks with Forest over potential swap deal with Anderson/Minteh (Various)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

If we don’t sell anyone by Sunday I guess the pressure to sell someone we’d rather keep will have largely gone; damage been done

We really could do with avoiding a points deduction as that’ll cause difficulties in reaching Europe next season which in turn makes it harder to keep our better players and attract others.

As much as we might not to, we need to have been telling some players they aren’t needed and telling them and their agents earlier. It seems a bit of an avoidable mess.

Aye, effectively a new teansfer windows starting on Monday.

I like Elanga but I’m not sure he’s much use against teams that sit back. On the counter he’s dangerous (especially against slow 6’7 left backs) but I was hoping for someone that’s more of a playmaker.

Happy to do a PSR scam though.

6 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

So next season we are lining up:

Barnes     DCL       Elanga

So grateful PSR is preventing us from becoming another Portsmouth.  

well no but nice for dramatic effect 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

From the little I have seen and read, he would be an ideal replacement for Miggy/Murpgy but not the Bruno/Isak level RW most are hoping for ?

Much more dangerous than Miggy and Murphy.

Ideally, would come in as a squad player initially, but then I also think his upside is huge.

Could just as easily see him come into the team and reach a higher level quickly, similar to what Gordon did last year. He's a similar type of profile to what Gordon was coming out of Everton.

Personally I feel that we need some players that can allow us to control games better at times too, with great technical ability and IQ to get to the next level. Elanga doesn’t offer much outside of transitions. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Much more dangerous than Miggy and Murphy.

Ideally, would come in as a squad player initially, but then I also think his upside is huge.

Could just as easily see him come into the team and reach a higher level quickly, similar to what Gordon did last year. He's a similar type of profile to what Gordon was coming out of Everton.

Gordon has always been much better in general play. Even if not a genuinely creative/flair type of player. 

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Personally I feel that we need some players that can allow us to control games better at times too, with great technical ability and IQ to get to the next level. Elanga doesn’t offer much outside of transitions. 

This is just PSR crap. If not for PSR we wouldn’t want DCL or Elanga. But we are in a ‘well scratch your back if you scratch mine’ situation with a small group of clubs.  Looking to trade players of similar value and picking the best of a bad bunch.