Odysseas Vlachodimos: joins NUFC (Official)

NSG

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

He can't possibly be valued at that much man. He's 30 yrs old and can't get in their first team. At least with Anderson he's still only 21 and might become a player.

Appreciate that mate. I don't think he's worth £25m and I'm certainly not arguing for that. Anderson isn't worth anywhere near £35m either to be fair... (Although he's more worth 35m than this lad is 25m, I concede..)

My point is, if Chelsea can sell hotels to themselves to work around PSR/FFP then this is our equivalent.

We're basically sticking two fingers up to the whole thing. 

The only reason we're spending 25m on him is because they're spending 35m on Anderson. Neither deal, in isolation, is value for money or would be pursued by either club.

Edited by BlazeT44

1 minute ago, BlazeT44 said:

Appreciate that mate. I don't think he's worth £25m and I'm certainly not arguing for that. Anderson isn't worth anywhere near £35m either to be fair... (Although he's more worth 35m than this lad is 25m, I concede..)

My point is, if Chelsea can sell hotels to themselves to work around PSR/FFP then this is our equivalent.

We're basically sticking two fingers up to the whole thing. 

The only reason we're spending 25m on him is because they're spending 35m on Anderson. Neither deal, in isolation, is value for money or would be pursued by either club.

I get that there will be some creative accounting going on here, but I'd like to think there's at least a £15m difference in the valuation given the keeper seems to be rated as absolute tosh and he's 30 yrs old.

7 minutes ago, midds said:

After the shite that's gone down this last few days I've got no idea any more. I'll stick to my guns and maintain I hate the Minteh sale but I'm also not aware of the full picture. The numbers that are kicking about would suggest the problem was bigger than just Minteh's number. The fact we've scored on Anderson and are taking a hit on Mr Flappy kind of balance out. But again I've got no idea of the context, we're all in the dark and we'll only know in time if we've done the right things this weekend

Yeah, I hear you.

For me, getting £68 million for Minteh and Anderson is absolutely incredible stuff.

Think this is going to be a really good summer, when it comes to signings.

3 minutes ago, Menace said:

image.thumb.png.793441111e23e36186e852037459ef16.png

I don't think this guy will even play ahead of Gillespie if it comes down to it.

Just an add on to help Forest out as part of the Anderson transfer.

Edited by KaKa

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I hear you.

For me, getting £68 million for Minteh and Anderson is absolutely incredible stuff.

Think this is going to be a really good summer, when it comes to signings.

It is but that all depends on what we are paying for this non-entity of a goalkeeper. If it's around £10m then I won't complain, he can pick the kids up from school for that much.

43 minutes ago, STM said:

Yes, a chance to kick off and complain about stuff. It's quite embarrassing.

It's a means to an end, no more, no less.

The problem is, how the fuck do we get rid of him?

1 minute ago, TRon said:

It is but that all depends on what we are paying for this non-entity of a goalkeeper. If it's around £10m then I won't complain, he can pick the kids up from school for that much.

That's about how much I'm anticipating. Guess we'll find out soon.

Just now, healthyaddiction said:

Sell him to Forest next Summer, then Forest sell him back to us in Summer 2026.

The phantom player. Never players, happily lives their life wherever they want, getting paid by teams to not play. Just sold back and forth forever. I'd happily do this. Sign me up. 

3 minutes ago, duo said:

I am surprised about that - a.) He was 3rd choice at Forrest and wasn't happy with the situation apparently b.) He seems to be on £45k a week which is a lot for a 3rd Choice keeper

https://www.footballfancast.com/nottingham-forest-must-finally-sell-odysseas-vlachodimos/

Remember, Dubravka wasn't happy to be second choice with us... didn't stop him going to sit on Man Utds bench.

This Greek cunt should see it as an honour to warm some goal gloves in the colours of nufc.