Odysseas Vlachodimos

NSG

The fee for this bloke clearly has to be netted off against the ridiculous 35 we're getting for Anderson. That 35 is too much, as much as I like him he's not a 35m player, maybe 22ish perhaps but way ott. The fee itself is just an accounting number, it means nothing other than just moving money around in the most effective way, this is not a normal transfer and shouldn't be treated as one. Even if it's 20m then that doesn't mean he's a 20m keeper, just like Anderson isn't a 35m midfielder. It's utter bullshit and just a symptom of the bullshit rules. 

I'm all for it :aww:

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

He's shite we know

Amazing people closing their eyes and refusing to see the bigger picture of it ffs

Nah, we see the bigger picture; PSR workarounds and all that jazz, but the fact is he’ll be a Newcastle player and we’re allowed to comment on his ability (or lack thereof :lol:).

Edited by McCormick

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

He's shite we know

Amazing people closing their eyes and refusing to see the bigger picture of it ffs

Yes, a chance to kick off and complain about stuff. It's quite embarrassing.

It's a means to an end, no more, no less.

Just now, McCormick said:

Nah, we see the bigger picture; PSR  workarounds and all that jazz, but the fact is he’ll be a Newcastle player and we’re allowed to comment on his ability (or lack thereof :lol: ).

Some have already started using it is a stick to beat the club with though. 

Nobody is contesting that he's shite. Who gives a fuck though?

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Yes, a chance to kick off and complain about stuff. It's quite embarrassing.

It's a means to an end, no more, no less.

Exactly this he’s 3rd choice it’ll take 2 keeper injuries/suspensions to even get on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Don’t hate this then 

I'd be in this boat, but he's probably going on to be on 3x more wages than Karius, and realistically earning the same as Dubs...

The fee of £15-25m I couldn't care less, so long as Anderson goes the other way for 35 and we don't have to sell a purple

Edited by BlazeT44

13 minutes ago, loki679 said:

giphy.gif

Clown shoes :lol:

In the minority here like but I can see why he punched that. Catching the cunt would've hurt 😉

Decent punch as well. Those players should give it a go 😂😂😂

Joking apart, what you don't see is the subsequent corner where he caught the ball, dropped it at his feet then ran up the other end and notched. 

It's all about context

10 minutes ago, OCK said:

But he's not even sexy. How is this a replacement?

I'm sick of it. Sometimes I think the top brass at Newcastle don't truly understand what the fans want....

And that is this..

image.thumb.png.7871c9be69163d78c77434e8df570d34.png

image.thumb.png.db79e97b49707bd6f6df4bfdcd81d4ae.png

1 minute ago, STM said:

Some have already started using it is a stick to beat the club with though. 

Nobody is contesting that he's shite. Who gives a fuck though?

I think most sensible people know why this deal has come about. If anything we’re highlighting the absurdity of PSR rules that we’re having to pay actual money for a player of his ability as a makeweight to ensure we’re within the limits.

I’m sure we’ll start seeing us going for our real targets after this stupid PSR deadline expires.

If he's coming in as third choice, we'll barely see him play. You don't get absolutely class third-choice keepers :lol:

Sounds like we're doing each other a favour. If Forest paid around £7m for him a year ago and he's only played a bit, you'd imagine £5-£10m is about right offset against the Anderson fee which I think is about £10m on the heavy side.

Those complaining will sharp forget about this lad when we're able to do some proper spending later in the window as a result of this two-way deal.

6 minutes ago, midds said:

The fee for this bloke clearly has to be netted off against the ridiculous 35 we're getting for Anderson. That 35 is too much, as much as I like him he's not a 35m player, maybe 22ish perhaps but way ott. The fee itself is just an accounting number, it means nothing other than just moving money around in the most effective way, this is not a normal transfer and shouldn't be treated as one. Even if it's 20m then that doesn't mean he's a 20m keeper, just like Anderson isn't a 35m midfielder. It's utter bullshit and just a symptom of the bullshit rules. 

I'm all for it :aww:

Is there a chance it's this keeper and someone else?

Maybe another deal with Forest gets done later today, or even later in the week if they want it on their accounts for next year.

I think we may end up buying someone else off them for significant money.

9 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

I'd be in this boat, but he's probably going on to be on 3x more wages than Karius, and realistically earning the same as Dubs...

The fee of £15-25m I couldn't care less, so long as Anderson goes the other way for 35 and we don't have to sell a purple

He can't possibly be valued at that much man. He's 30 yrs old and can't get in their first team. At least with Anderson he's still only 21 and might become a player.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Is there a chance it's this keeper and someone else?

Maybe another deal with Forest gets done later today, or even later in the week if they want it on their accounts for next year.

I think we may end up buying someone else off them for significant money.

After the shite that's gone down this last few days I've got no idea any more. I'll stick to my guns and maintain I hate the Minteh sale but I'm also not aware of the full picture. The numbers that are kicking about would suggest the problem was bigger than just Minteh's number. The fact we've scored on Anderson and are taking a hit on Mr Flappy kind of balance out. But again I've got no idea of the context, we're all in the dark and we'll only know in time if we've done the right things this weekend