Quarter Finals: England (5p)1-1(3) Switzerland, Netherlands 2-1 Turkey

Disco

Almost impressive that Southgate was forced into a formation change and still managed to get the same square pegs in the round holes. 

learned absolutely nothing. 

I'll write this to curse myself, but this is bollocks. Saka promising but getting double up. No help from Walker. No one passing to Trippier on the left, probably understandably. Kane AWOL even when delivery goes in. This is not how you create goalscoring opportunities.

Meanwhile I found a nice bottle of Rose in the cupboard so put it in the fridge and drinking it, she came up not happy - apparently it’s a £20 bottle she was saving for herself

Not too shabby given the quality of the opposition, but Saka’s our only threat. Could easily play Gordon where Trippier’s playing for all the defending he’s being asked to do.

Just now, Rich said:

Not too shabby given the quality of the opposition, but Saka’s our only threat. Could easily play Gordon where Trippier’s playing for all the defending he’s being asked to do.

I’ve given up on the Gordon argument - it’s not gonna happen now this tournament.