Quarter Finals: England (5p)1-1(3) Switzerland, Netherlands 2-1 Turkey

Disco

Shite is better than utter shite but I'm not sure how much we should celebrate it. 

The penalties were excellent of course. But the gameplan can't be to play for them. 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Yes, very very much so.

Very very much ? We have had 1 shot on target again in 90 minutes. Guess some are easily pleased.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Ohh I thought you were doing the thing about us being spawny/lucky.

Your history?!? England is revered throughout the wide world for its uncanny ability to lose on penalties (sometimes unfairly).

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Honestly I did think that was better. Don't get me wrong, it should obviously be better, but I thought it was still miles better than every match up until this point.

We were better in our ball retention and I think our passing was more positive. However, our shape going forwards was still all about building slowly, not committing players etc. Kane shouldn’t play and it massively stunts us. I think Shaw starting in the next game will help us. If Gordon was on the left and Shaw was playing we’d be so much more balanced and fluid going forwards 

Actually not a Southgate supporter but I reckon he actually got that right. Hard to watch at times but Switzerland are no mugs. We controlled the game really, yes with not doing much going forward but we really limited them.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Very very much ? We have had 1 shot on target again in 90 minutes. Guess some are easily pleased.

No need to be a dick because I have a different opinion like :lol:

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, 54 said:

For changing the shape and formation and getting a better performance out of the team? Shock I know.

We were still shite though, Switzerland could have scored a hatfull in extra time :lol:

Edited by Hanshithispantz

It is quite annoying, I like the players but finding it hard to get that excited. 

I like Micah too. He's quite bants but he asks good questions and brings Lineker in more who has good insight. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, On the Grid said:

Actually not a Southgate supporter but I reckon he actually got that right. Hard to watch at times but Switzerland are no mugs. We controlled the game really, yes with not doing much going forward but we really limited them.

Not sure how we controlled the game Switzerland had loads of chances, they had us on the ropes towards the end of extra time?

Edited by SAK
Spelling

Harry Kane is either shite or being hung out to dry. I'll reserve my final decision based on our final game and outcome. 

1 minute ago, SAK said:

Not sure how we controlled the game Switzerland had loads of chances, they had us on the ropes towards the end of extra time?

Never felt like they would score. They had the odd period of pressure but we handled it well 

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

We've never won the Euros and we've won the World Cup once, 60 odd years ago. You're posting like we're '90s Man United/Chicago Bulls. :lol:

:lol: You shouldn't have made it out if the super easy group you were in and were about to see you in the semis. God is English the ethereal cunt.

Just now, On the Grid said:

Never felt like they would score. They had the odd period of pressure but we handled it well 

Apart from the goal you mean?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Honestly I did think that was better. Don't get me wrong, it should obviously be better, but I thought it was still miles better than every match up until this point.

It was definitely better, and against the best team so far, but it feels like a hard battled 0-0 draw away to Palace after a limp, winless streak to Brentford, Everton and West Ham at this point :lol:

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, OCK said:

Harry Kane is either shite or being hung out to dry. I'll reserve my final decision based on our final game and outcome. 

Pretty sure it’s the latter, and he’s just exhausted. Scoring 36 goals and getting double digit assists in his first season in the Bundesliga is spectacular.