Quarter Finals: England (5p)1-1(3) Switzerland, Netherlands 2-1 Turkey

Disco

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

If we won this tournament how would everyone feel? I know this isn't the world cup but based on the record Southgate would probably be regarded as the greatest England manager of all time. 

I would be absolutely fucking delighted. 

I know we're not exactly lighting the tournament on fire, and there would be a big dollop of luck - but I'm English, I badly want us to win something regardless of how we manage it.

25 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Honestly I did think that was better. Don't get me wrong, it should obviously be better, but I thought it was still miles better than every match up until this point.

The first half was better but the rest was passive shite. I'm struggling to get behind it, it's so fucking dull. 

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

If we won this tournament how would everyone feel? I know this isn't the world cup but based on the record at previous tournaments, Southgate would probably be regarded as the greatest England manager of all time. 

If he won it yes.

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

If we won this tournament how would everyone feel? I know this isn't the world cup but based on the record at previous tournaments, Southgate would probably be regarded as the greatest England manager of all time. 

If we play two more games like we have done so far and we win, I’ll feel pretty hollow about it. If we play well in the next two and win I’ll be really happy. If we win the semi playing shut and then play a great final I’ll also be happy

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I thought the first half showed glimpses of a team that might click. Then the second half happened and we got bailed out by individual quality. 

I'm in such a funk, like. England are probably gonna win something just as I've stopped giving a fuck. :lol:

Find being a football fan horribly complicated these days. I'll try and put it down to growing up. 

Read some FFP charts and VAR stats to calm you down.

football is absolutely shite these days, it takes a penalty shoot out win to give you a buzz 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I’d take Bruce managing us for an FA cup final if we won it. It’s never about the manager, it’s about the fans.

5 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

:lol: If you dove and jammied your way to the trophy it'd be unreal.

5 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I’d be happy to win it, and wouldn’t give a shite about Southgate’s reputation.  It’s hardly a stellar list in any case. 

Posted (edited)

I mean both 

a) southgate is depressingly negative, incredibly over loyal to certain players and plays a style of football that is not good on the eye and has benefited from some luck

b) this has brought the best results of any england manager since alf ramsey and he deserves some modicum of respect for that, even if suspect a better manager may have made less drama of it

can be true

Edited by Tiresias

Just now, joeyt said:

I'm unsure what Eze is bringing to the table that Gordon can't

Eze plays for palace, guess who played for palace?

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Baffles me as he often has no end product. 

Just now, Keefaz said:

Think England v Turkey would actually be an entertaining game.

Get enough bookings and Gordon may just get 5 mins 

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Only way it makes sense is if Gordon called Southgate a cowardly cunt.

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Get enough bookings and Gordon may just get 5 mins 

I mean, might be that Turkey can't even field a team given their discipline

3 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Lousy piece of defending for Trippier for their goal. Over the last few months, a not untypical error, I have to say.

Worse from Stones and Walker surely?